New from Billings, MT - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Billings, MT

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Default New from Billings, MT

Hey everyone. I've been lurking on the site for a few months now and decided I should start an account in case I wanted to hit up the classifieds or ask some questions.

So far the only LS power I have is a 2003 Silverado 2500 (LQ4 and 4L80e). I have been using that as my science experiment to practice using HPTuners. Right now, the only real modification has been a Volant cold air intake. I am looking into the possibility of a cam swap and maybe heads/intake somewhere down the road.

My other vehicle is a 1982 datusun 280zxt. This has been the real science experiment. I've owned this car for about 5 years now and have done some slight modifications. Larger T04e hybrid turbo, custom intercooler install, custom e-fans, griffin aluminum radiator, 440cc supra injectors, complete emissions removal, 3" exhaust, and to top it off MS2 ecu system that I have tuned myself.

I am tossing around the idea of swapping in a LS engine into the Datsun just because I'm hitting the limits of the stock engine/tranny without serious modifications. However, I would like to stick with a manual transmission and it seems like the T56 or TR6060s cost a considerable amount more than an automatic.

I look forward to learning from you guys!
Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome. I'm a big fan of Montana. Usually take a trip once a year. That's a great way to gain experience with HP tuners. There is a big learning curve, but it will all come together soon enough. Just try not to get discouraged. Every little win will keep your confidence up. I'm on my 3rd year of tuning and it's a fantastic skill to have. The software is just a tool. Know why you are making changes and how it effects the whole picture. That is the key. Good luck
Old 02-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Its been quite the learning curve for sure. But like you said, every win is very rewarding. I have been obsessively researching every change that I make and why you make those changes.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Welcome. I am in Missoula. I have been lurking for a long time too. Hptuners is a very rewarding program to learn. That is a great truck to learn hptuners.
Old 02-25-2018, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Welcome!

I lived in Libby for a few years. Moved back to MN in 2004 and in 2013 I bought my Skylark from Billings.

I miss the land out there I try visiting every couple of years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New from Billings, MT

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: