Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey Guys, I'm Back.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Guys, I'm Back.....

Well after 16 years of being without I dropped the hammer and bought me a new 2002 Camaro Z28 and am loving it. You guys were there for me back in 2000 when I had the SS and I enjoyed that car right up to the moment my wife said it had to go for the baby to be safe, bullshit. She wanted an SUV she said, bullshit, she wanted a car that the air bags were baby safe, bullshit. She wanted a car that got better gas mileage and did not attract cops, bullshit. Well I was right and she was wrong. That Jeep liberty guzzled gas, had no power and I got less sex from her. So now that the kid is in college and I am able to buy what I wanted I got me a new Camaro with less than 7k miles on it and it still has that new leather smell. Took it down and got a few scuffs and minor scratches buffed out of it from its 16 years in storage and all I can say is wheeeeeee! Good to be back and glad you guys are still around.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, where are the pics for the car? Your car sounds brand new still.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Here you go. 2002 Camaro Z28 and it is new. Baby
Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Dirt dobbers nest found in both of the Ttop plastic covers, both mirrors and the intake filter housing. That Texas red mud is a PITA but after a good washing good as new.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Welcome back, and very nice find!

There's an '02 Z28 for sale in my area with the same mileage on it (~6k) that's been for sale for years now, it's drastically overpriced. But when I read this thread I thought someone might have finally bought it, until I saw the pictures (wrong color).

I still see SSs with this sort of low mileage from time to time, but such low mile Z28s seem to be few and far between. Glad you're able to get back to a hobby you love with such a nice car. Strong return!
Old 04-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Teching In

What do you consider overpriced. Mine cost me 14,500. The people that offered me a loan valued it at 19500. I paid case for it.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Teching In

You know, back in the day there was a section on low cost mods for these cars that used to be a sticky. I cannot find it any more. Can you guys direct me to where its at? Things like removing the screen from the MAF, installing a SLP filter box etc. I did most of them on the SS. I bought flowmasters instead of the Borla though and it sounded great.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,278 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by fordication
What do you consider overpriced. Mine cost me 14,500. The people that offered me a loan valued it at 19500. I paid case for it.
$14.5k isn't too bad considering the mileage; probably a little on the high side for what it is, especially if it needed some significant clean-up and general attention. Regional conditions may vary a bit though. A4 cars usually bring less, but it's very cool that you found one with such low miles. M6 cars are usually easier to find like this since more of them were toys.

$19.5k is extremely overvalued. I'm shocked that any bank would appraise such a car at that price. They would never get that kind of money back out of it if someone were to default on the loan. If you watch the listings for a while, on various classifieds sites and Ebay/CL plus our classifieds section here, you can get an idea of what sort of price actually gets these cars to move in a reasonable time frame for a given area.

The one listed in my area has been for sale on and off for a couple of years or so. Listing price is $21k (this is only ~$1k less than original base MSRP for an '02 Z28). The seller is simply dreaming, there's no other explanation. I don't think he actually wants to sell it.

Originally Posted by fordication
You know, back in the day there was a section on low cost mods for these cars that used to be a sticky. I cannot find it any more. Can you guys direct me to where its at? Things like removing the screen from the MAF, installing a SLP filter box etc. I did most of them on the SS. I bought flowmasters instead of the Borla though and it sounded great.
Not sure which sticky this might have been, some things have been moved and changed over the years. Was it this one?: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...e-posting.html