Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another FNG

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another FNG

I currently own a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe (I know it isn't an LS1, it has an LS3), but am very interested in doing an LS swap into something a bit more of a sleeper than the Vette.

I've been doing some research about swapping in an LS1 (or some LS variation) into my 98 Jeep Cherokee XJ but am not ready to break out the wallet for that yet. I've owned the Jeep for almost 9 years and really like it. It definitely needs more POWER! I really hope to be able to connect with someone else that has used the Novak kit with the AX15 manual trans in an XJ Jeep. My XJ is a 4.0 4 door, 4x4 with the 5 speed. I can do the work myself, I'm retired and have a well equipped shop (2 lifts - a 2 post and a 4 post).

I'm also open to recommendations on what else would be a fun swap for an LS. In addition to the Jeep, I've also thought picking up a Colorado/Canyon crew cab to replace the 5 cylinder with an LS.

Hope to be able to learn from the forum and eventually be able to learn enough to be able to help out others.

Steve