Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Returning to the car culture

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Returning to the car culture

I just wanted to say hello again to everybody here. I used to post on this board years ago but life/career got in the way and got away from car culture until recently.
My brother brought my Firehawk to my house, (which has been sitting dormant at my parents house since about 2011). After sitting for years it needed a new battery and fresh gas. Upon installing a new battery and giving it new 92 octane it started right up! I got to say it sounded great. Man, all the good feelings I had from back in the day started coming back to the surface again. The car is going to need work to get it back on the road again, tires are dry rotted, wipers are decomposed, interior door panels cracked and the clear coat is bad. I think this year is going to be spent buying parts to restore the 'hawk. With a little hope and hard work I think I can get the car back on the road by next spring.
I have noticed just about everything on the roads these days is probably faster than my car now. Might need some upgrades...

Last edited by blackhawk J; 06-19-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Adding pic

Quick Reply: Returning to the car culture