Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member with TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with TBSS

Hello! Not new to working on engines but new to trying rebuild to go faster. I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS. 3rd owner. It's been beat on and I will soon (hopefully) be going through the motor. I been looking at and counting the cost of the different ways to go with this build. I won't really know until i actually tear it down and see what I've got to work with. I'll be lurking around here reading about other people's successes and failures. I never knew this forum was here. I had my head in diesels for the last 10 years and I'm looking for a change. Have fun everyone!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Btw, I'm having trouble with my profile. Under "country of residence" I can't find mine. Y'all left Texas off the list.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome.
Be sure to address the oil pan issues, if you're 2WD get a C6 pan, AWD go for the PCMofNC baffle kit. Hope you're ready to follow up the engine build with a trans build
Old 10-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks. About to order the C6 pan, cross member, and A/C bracket. And already looking at the cost of upgrading to the 4L80E. I've got to finish my F250 6.0 first. High pressure oil pump.