Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to me WS6

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to me WS6

Hello fellow enthusiasts! Just picked up my new (to me) '02 WS6 from a friend of mine at work. He and his son built the car, and his son tragically suddenly passed away and he didn't want the car or memories anymore. Car has 150k miles on it but only 4k on the newly built 408 stroker motor! Surprisingly good condition, but some things will need to be changed to my liking, not because it needs it, but because I'm super **** about my vehicles. I also have an ESS twin screw stage 3 supercharged BMW 330Ci that I built that's putting down just over 400 to the wheels on 15 psi. Have had several BMW M3's and several E46's, but this is my second step into F body! I had an 02 Camaro Z28 that I sold back in 2005, and wish I hadn't!

I don't have all the specifics of the build yet, but i'll sure provide them when I can. I know it's an LQ9 iron block. I do have the dyno sheet however, and the car mad 494 rwhp. It's incredibly fast and strong, and ya just gotta love the beautiful sound of a throaty V8. The BMW straight 6 sounds marvelous hanging up around 7k rpm, but there's something special about american muscle!

Immediate plans for the WS6: Strange Engineering 12 bolt rear end (still stock). It'll just blow the tires off all the way through 4th, good thing too because the rear end would probably implode if I could hook up. And a good cleaning. It sat in his barn and has only put 155 miles on it in the past year! I bought a battery for it and it started right up. VERY nice, lopey idle but it hunts a little bit, probably due to the MAF being coded out and unplugged. Any suggestions for a replacement MAF and subsequent coding would be appreciated! It has a FAST intake with a Big Mouth 92mm TB, could go to the 102 but PO worried about running lean (although he did upgrade the fuel pump but i don't know to what just yet).

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to learning every day and coming to y'all for advice and questions!
Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech! I hate that you’ve found this car under such tragic circumstances. Sounds like a good tune might be in order. Post up a question concerning this over in the PCM, diagnostics and tuning section.

Last edited by Che70velle; 02-13-2019 at 09:02 PM.