Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

What’s up all

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What’s up all

I have a few projects and i am hooked on my new LS3’s. I do have a horror story i commissioned a car builder to built my dad who passed’s 1960 Chevy pick up. High budget , i wanted to make this thing really nice Boosted Bertha nice. Well after $74k and months behind schedule and the work suspect at best i am still $74 k away from finishing. But thats not why i am here. I did take my truck and parts back. The problem i have is the guy faked my motor paperwork from LKQ he literally photo shopped a 2013 invoice and LKQ said he hasn’t bought nothing in 6 years! It’s not a Ls3 and 4l80 its a L99 and 6l80 but thats all i know. Suppose to have 13000 miles on it but really who knows now. I have heard it may even be stolen. Where do i find the serial number? I dont want to build this thing up to 650 plus hp with a ton of chrome only to find out its stolen and dude gets his motor back dialed in. Can anyone help me locate this number so i can check NICB for motor?

L99 need to know where serial number is
Old 02-28-2019, 08:06 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,733 Likes on 2,267 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome to LS1Tech! Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I’m on several automotive forums myself, and it always hurts to hear of shops doing this kind of stuff, and unfortunately it’s more often than you’d think.
Re-post this question over in the Gen4 External section. You’ll get way more traffic over there, and someone will have an answer for you.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention spread the word to the shop is so somebody else doesn't fall prey to the same guy. Happen to a buddy of mine in Orange County California a number of years back and then the guy would hold your parts until you paid him. Another friend of mine had a 68 Z28 number match car that the guy part it out on him and he got nothing. Too many people do things by Word of Mouth with only a handshake. It's best to get everything in writing and take them to court when they screw you sorry to hear your Tales of well that sucks as I'm doing a 60 short Fleet myself and would love to see another one done right. Please post pictures of what you have. Thanks