Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS Swap Mostly Done

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap Mostly Done

Hi Everyone,

I've read and searched these forums (and others) quite a bit and figured it was time to join. There are some really good threads and some very knowledgeable members here.

My primary vehicle is a 1997 Tahoe 4 door 4x4. It had many miles and the engine was tired with a blown head gasket. I found a 2005 Escalade 6.0 with a little over 21k miles on it and swapped it into the truck. I kept the drive by wire from the new engine and most accessories as they were on the new engine. The transmission is the original 4l60e with the stock transfer case. Most swaps I see pictures for didn't have A/C, so I kind of just picked what was most comparable to my current stuff (Sanden SD7H15) and got a bracket set by ICT Billet from Amazon. I'm still having trouble finding a perfect belt for it, but it works for now. I still haven't finished all of the wiring. The A/C, some emissions items, and the final "beautification" of the PCM end of the harness need to be done. It was intended to have all emissions controls, so I wired in a pressure sensor to the fuel tank and just need to get the vapor canister and valve that goes next to it. Otherwise, it runs. The injectors are from the 2010+ flex fuel setup, part 12613412, since the originals were causing the dreaded random misfire. Manual cleaning just didn't cut it. Number 7 and 8 had this red clay looking stuff coming out of them even after several cleanings. The A/C bracket gets in the way of the original air cleaner ducting, so I got an aftermarket intake, but don't have it mounted yet. I really wanted to do a dual battery setup, but don't think there is enough room.

I bought HP Tuners to tune out VATS and swap the injectors. I thought it would help with A/C, but see some newer threads that say my model PCM won't see the request. That's part of why I'm here. I've done some testing, but need some higher resolution pictures of an early P59 PCM that still has the IAC driver. There are some good images of the P01, but there are enough differences in the board layout that they aren't useful. I'll ask in the Gen III tuning part of the forum.

Thanks for all the info and it's good to be here!
Old 03-19-2019, 08:45 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,730 Likes on 2,265 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome to LS1Tech!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! Forums are fun... and time sinks. Haha!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an awesome build. I'm finishing up an LS build on a 92 Olds Custom Cruiser