Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

yet another newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another newbie

Hi everyone, my name is Tim, I joined this forum because after reading posts it seams that there is a lot of knowledge and experience here. As you can see by my user name I don't have an F body. I am the proud owner of a 1960 Chevy Apache short fleet BBW custom pick up. I hope you are not offended and will accept me and my interest in learning about LS swaps. This is a pic of my truck when I brought it home. I have a 2000 Sliverado that my be the donor of it's 5.3/4L60E along with it's disc brake rear. my goal is to have all the luxury of a modern truck with old looks (not doing much bodywork) but I want about 400HP out of this swap. I have a budget of about $6-7,000.00 to do the entire transformation.
Any and all advise would be appreciated.
Thanks to all, Tim
Old 04-11-2019, 10:20 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,369 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech Tim! No offense at all sir. Love the truck and I look forward to seeing the transformation. Start a build thread over in the Conversions and Hybrids section. It’s not only fun to follow, but it’s data that’s always gonna be here for you. I enjoy looking back at my build threads from time to time, just for the memories.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks Che70velle

I appreciate the welcome and advise. I will be doing my research here and elsewhere and will continue to bounce ideas off the forum for pros and cons of this project. As far as the trick itself goes, I had the same model 18 or so yrs ago so the suspension mods though not a no brainer are at least still in my memory banks (I hope).
So the first thing I will want to know is, does it make sense to sacrifice a good running work truck or start from scratch. What I have has 249K mi so it needs to be completely gone through in my estimation. Would I be better buying an LS2 or 6 with verified miles. I know the stock heads and intake aren't the best for what I want.
What do you all think?
Thanks again, Tim
Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Sounds great
Old 04-12-2019, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, start a bud in the Conversions and Hybrids section. That's my favorite part of this site. It gets a little old seeing the same kind of cars being built, but when I go to that section it's so interesting. A lot of good work is done over there.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the heads up on that section, I will check it out
When I get things going I would do that.