Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I'm new to the site

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new to the site

I just signed up for this site. I almost
literally dug up my vehicle i drove in high school (class 05), which was a 2001 Trans Am WS6 6 speed recently and decided to restore it and make it my next project vehicle. This site is the perfect resource for it. Seriously i've already learned some super helpful things. I'm going to use this site as my reference point for all my Projects. I've almost finished the restoration phase (but knowing me i couldnt even start restoring it before i chopped up the exhaust haha i need that sound) and plan to put a cam in it. It has 194k miles on it but to my shock it laid down 364 lb/ft of torque and 340 hp right away on my friend's 7500 pound dyno drum in fourth gear. I guess it is healthy to begin work! I plan to read up on the cam web pages because there are so many cams and so much information on the internet i feel it's very difficult to put it all together as useful and practical. But the beauty of this site is it does just that for us on virtually every subject and possible project. And more i've already gotten personalized help with getting my brake lights to come on. Anyhow big fan of the site and thank you very much
Old 05-18-2019, 08:33 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech!
Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Good numbers. Welcome to site. Need pics ��
Old 05-18-2019, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I'll post pics within two-three weeks. I need to get my body work finished first (paint and scratches taken care of). I made my exhaust an oval-tipped 45 degree side-dump right behind the front tires and painted black. I went all out on the exhaust, and it looks pretty wicked and sounds great. The 90s muscle car look has a totally different vibe than the newer ones. I like it better, and I can't believe it but i guess that era is a classic car now haha. I'm not that old yet, but i guess i'm old enough to have owned a classic car. I also plan to weigh it at a cat scale to get the real weight. I was shocked to see the 700hp hellcat weighs as much as my 98 ford expedition and gets the same gas mileage. Seems like a waste of all that power in a muscle car, but i'm sure dodge has their reasons for it.