Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just saying what’s up 05 gto

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saying what’s up 05 gto

Hey my names alex I drive a 05 gto , I’m 28 in a wheelchair I drive with hand controls any questions or comments feel free 😎 it looks good from a distance with 188k it runs great so far stock besides an upgraded rad and hose kit that came with it although a pypes axle back is going on this week with stainless fuel lines and new brake lines prob gonna do the body work(cancer starter on both fenders which will get replaced and a little on quarter which also has a dent as well as dings here and there not bad though.) and prep and I’ll bring good paint and have a shoot it only because my clear is legitimately flaking off everywhere and the brushless car wash high powered sprayer separated the clear from the base on my rocker panel. Normally paint would be last but it’s annoying because it’s a nice car. If I plan on keeping it forever it’ll get a full color change to white or white with slight gold pearl, or something from the house of kolors book but I’m not at that point yet I want to start a 32 build which is my dream but I first need space and the money because right now I’m on ssi due to my disability and 2 shotgun size open wounds it sucks plus my insurance alone is 180$/mo!!
some shops helped.and big name parts companies have helped out and either donated parts towards it or majorly discounted them shout out to pypes giving me the axle back for what I would have paid to get the Flowmaster outlaws I bought welded in so they’ll prob sit on the shelf until they sell , their a great company as is Holley! I can’t thank them enough cars to most are a luxury but I deal with very bad depression due to my wheelchair health and applying for so many jobs and not get hired due to the (chair all I want to do is work I was at Walmart until last aug when I got fired as I missed days for my health and drs appointments)
Cars literally keep me going and being alive their my truest passion something I’ll never be able to give up working on(the little I can without a lift) ,modifying and driving cars it keeps me sane and happy
well that was long hahaha

Old 05-26-2019, 07:19 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,369 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech Alex! Your story is inspiring to me, to say the least. Where are you located at? Lots of folks in this community (LS1Tech) help each other out. Perhaps help is right around the corner? Great looking car sir.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

welcome! Nice Goat!...whats the story on the foxbody in the background of 2nd pic?
Old 05-26-2019, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I’m lucky my dad is a machinist,as well as a mechanic and jack of all trades and my broth is a mechanic so I’m lucky I don’t have to outsource the labor I’m blown away by the companies willing to help out and donate and discount parts towards the build! Eventually I’m gonna do the body and hopefully my pops will paint it(he hates it the most but I’d very good at it) or else I’ll have maaco prime spray and clear it with good paint but that’s last unless the rust keeps popping up.
im more of a performance vs looks guy, I will be building another v8 s10 with a blown ls and built trans when I get through school I’m aiming to enroll in fall I just got my ged last fall and my graduation is the 27th!

the fox body is my old mans and the fiero gt is my moms she got new only new car they ever bought new, the fox is viper blue painted by previous owner the only things done are. Exhaust and 5 lug swap it’s rough got a lot of rot but runs like a champ! I drove it for 4 years between the time I totaled my truck with only collision to February when I bought the gto