Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello From Miami Lakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello From Miami Lakes

New to the forum. Current project is my 2000 Camaro SS. I'm looking for a grommet & pipe for the coolant reservoir tank and I just found out that these parts have been discontinued by GM & cant be found anywhere. Has anyone had the same problem and can you please tell me how you were able to resolve this issue. My car has been sitting for 4 weeks due to these parts.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:57 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,616 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech! It can be aggravating trying to source small parts for these cars. I have a 92’ and I’m in the same boat. If I were in your shoes, I’d find a car someone is parting out, and I’d ask them if those parts are still available. Plenty, repeat, plenty of guys parting those cars out. Good luck.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Chev70Velle, Thank You!!!! It has been aggravating walking in & out of my home and just seeing my car sit there. I've been on the web searching for someone who might be parting out their Camaro, but no such luck there and I've also been to Junkyards and no luck there either. The guys at the junkyards tell me that all F-Body cars or any type of muscle cars usually arrive during the week, but by the weekend the majority of those parts are gone. I'm trying not to lose hope, but if I cant find it then I'll just have to start considering on parting out my car.