Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Turbo LM7 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo LM7 Build

Hey guys. I'm a new user of this forum but I am not new to reading it lol. I have gathered so much info from you guys on here that I decided to make me an account and jump in. I have finally gotten to the point where I am financially stable enough to build my dream ls (lm7) for my 1988 Monte Carlo ls. it was my first car and has been bought 3 times and sold twice by me and it keeps coming back to me. After 4 smallblocks(old school)and one big block I have landed on a turbo ls build and I have acquired a 2001 Tahoe with a 5.3 lm7 which I have plucked already and put on the engine stand. I have already tore it down because I don't want to "budget build" per say. I want it reliable and efficient. The block is currently at my good friends machine shop where he is cleaning, sonic testing, and magnafluxing for me before it is bored to 3.905 due to very bad spots in cylinders 1, 3, 7, and 8. so my bore is predetermined for me. my biggest question as of now is WHAT CRANK!!?? four inch stroke? stay with 3.662? My rotating assembly is the point to where I cant decide what brand, what type, of what grade. I cant make up my mind on a good combo so I was hoping that some of ya'll would have some good info? builds? experience? anything would ne awesome and thank you guys for the help!!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,616 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Welcome to LS1Tech! In the interest of using this section of the forum for introductions, and not tech discussions, ask this question over in our Gen3 Internal section of the forum. Plenty of eager guys, including myself, over there ready to help.
Super cool that you got your first car back. I know many people that would pay any dollar amount to get theirs back.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I didn't know! Thank You!
Old 07-30-2019, 09:28 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,616 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake1988
I'm sorry I didn't know! Thank You!
No worries boss! Enjoy the journey!