Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Pa

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 01:27 PM
spb
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Pa

Im an old guy restomodding a 67 Camaro i’ve had for 50 years. I have been taking my time with it. I have occasionally lurked this site over the last couple of years but thought it time to check in.
thanks
Old 01-18-2020, 02:16 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,615 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Originally Posted by spb
Im an old guy restomodding a 67 Camaro i’ve had for 50 years. I have been taking my time with it. I have occasionally lurked this site over the last couple of years but thought it time to check in.
thanks
Welcome to LS1Tech! Very neat story sir. Owning a car for 50 years is mind blowing. What’s your plan with it at this point?
Old 01-18-2020, 03:25 PM
spb
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is an early 67 SS/RS. It will maintain as stock an appearance as possible with regard to the body. No spoiler, no black back deck. Dunno what to do about the hood yet. Original deepwater blue. Interior close to original. Some things have to give there. LS power. Power tour capable from anywhere to anywhere.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:49 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,615 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Originally Posted by spb
The car is an early 67 SS/RS. It will maintain as stock an appearance as possible with regard to the body. No spoiler, no black back deck. Dunno what to do about the hood yet. Original deepwater blue. Interior close to original. Some things have to give there. LS power. Power tour capable from anywhere to anywhere.
The good news for you is the 1st gen camaro has been done over every which way you can imagine. Your not cutting any new ground, meaning whatever you wish to do to the car, there are parts available at your disposal. Bolt in any LS engine and tranny combo you wish. Upgrade your brakes. A/C in a few hours. Suspension, subframes for better geometry and control, wheels, etc. Leave the body alone, I don’t blame you. Cars are beautiful as is. Power Tour is a bucket list deal for me. I have friends that have done it, and it’s well worth the trouble.

Quick Reply: Hello from Pa