Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

What's Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts
Default What's Up!

Hey everyone!

I figured since every LS swap google search I type I end with "ls1tech", I might as well join up here.

Working on a 5.3 LM7 Turbo LS Swap into either a Square Body 73-87, which I would prefer just due to that awesome squareness, but I haven't ruled out a classic 67-72 C10 Either. I've been around cars and trucks my whole life, built a pretty rad 600whp/1200trq Twin Turbo Duramax (I use this forum name on all the forums I've belonged) and also was super into Turbo'd Volvos, built a 300whp 1998 V70 that turned a lot of heads. Won 1st Place at the Volvo Club of America West Coast Nationals in 2005.

My dad is a NHRA class racer and has one Wally to his credit, so I've been lucky enough to be around fast cars since birth!

Anyway, I'm no stranger to forums and how they work, looking forward to learning more from ya'll, and hope to help people with any questions they have regarding LS Swap stuff If I can help in any way.

Cheers, Kevin.

Old 01-26-2022, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts

Well, after careful research, Craigslist searching, research, and yet a little more research, I bought a '96 C1500 2wd, 8' box W/T Trim, 4.3 V6, NV3500 5 Speed. She's got AC and roll up windows. It's a complete mess, classic sagging doors, paint is bad, booger welded cherry bomb muffler, bad bad bad bed canopy, but it's rust free and was dirt cheap. Excited its got the mid cycle dash refresh too. As a kid who grew up with GM trucks, the OBS definitely has a soft spot with me.

Gonna be a fun project, got a ton of go fast parts on the list of things to buy. Classic C10's are just too far a field to find up here, and even the square bodies are just too much money for rust free versions, and ones that are in decent shape, people are insane for the amount of cash they think they're going to get for a 45 year old truck with a SBC? Didn't really want to get into one with too much rust and super expensive body shop repair builds.

Looking forward to gutting this thing down to the frame, and kinda stoked about it being a factory five speed truck, its definitely switched my thinking on going built 4L80 to that new Tremec TKX. HMMM.

Quick Reply: What's Up!