Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I just had to do it.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I just had to do it.

Found a clean 2001 SS, 2 owners, both lived in TX in the DFW area actually, now I'm the 3rd owner. Mostly stock except for alpine system and exhaust cut out. Chrome wheels were trashed. Both windows go up and down no problem. She is a 4spd auto which is fine for stop and go traffic here in san antonio. She is now a 21 year old car with 21 year old car issues, lol. Cats are toast, suspension is toast, needs brakes, EATS oil and you can hear the lifters tick at idle either cold or warm. I rotate between my camaro and my other car every other week. I bought the camaro to tinker/play with and boy am I going to pay for it, lol. Foing with Kooks headers and complete exhaust set up and BMR stuff. Had the factory chrome wheels powder coated black and bought some Momo wheels from Momo that were on sale while waiting for the factory wheels to be done. Also put in a power master 220amp alternator to fix my lights flickering. Also replaced the low and high beam headlight bulbs with Sylvania's ZXE bulbs, HUGE difference.

Anyone know which engine holder to use when replacing the K-member??? Or is it better to drop everything and just use a hoist to lift the motor and reinstall onto the new k-member along with new upper and lower control arms???

Old 03-27-2022, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-01-2022, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice, looks fun. Toss your build in the specific forum. Look forward to watching the build. Doing the same.

Quick Reply: I just had to do it.