Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Rochester, NY

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Rochester, NY

Hello, I'm Matt. I'm new here hoping to learn about the E38 ECM I have for my LY6 LS Swap. I have a 2008 LY6 6.0 from a GMC Savana 3500 with the original harness and the E38 ECM. I am swapping this engine into my 1965 Chevy C10 which was my first car that I bought when I was 15. I am using a 6 speed Tremec and just found out that this combination may be difficult to accomplish. Hopefully I have come to the right place to get some answers but I do not know where to post my questions.

I am looking forward to any information and knowledge I can gain.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Matt, I'm from the southern tier area. Cool to hear about your swap, I just finished swapping a LS1 / T56 into my first car which I also bought when I was 15, although not as unique as yours!

Unfortunately I don't know too much about the E38 ECM, what troubles are you having? The Conversions & Hybrids section is definitely a good place to get started asking questions, but the PCM Diagnostics & Tuning section can be more specific to your E38 ECM.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem I am having is the tuner that the engine builder hires is basically saying it won't work without a segment swap or a different OS. I know that GM didn't make any manual transmission trucks with the E38 so I would need something from a car. I just didn't realize this wasn't an easy reprogram.

Quick Reply: Hello from Rochester, NY