Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from So. Florida

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from So. Florida

Hi everyone. I'm re-doing a 1957 Nomad that I picked up last year. I was going to go with a SBC, but yesterday I bought a crate LY6 long block off of someone local who got it from a dealer as a warranty motor. So I've gone from around 250hp on the sbc to around 350hp and hoping to learn some things to maybe get that number up over 400hp. It's been great looking over the forums and learning. I know very little about engines, so I have a lot to learn and I have a lot to buy to get this thing ready for my car.

Here's a picture of my car after I got it out of the storage unit where it sat for 30 years. It's currently bare metal after getting chemically stripped and I'm working on the chassis.

Mark

Old 08-03-2022, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami57Nomad
I know very little about engines, so I have a lot to learn and I have a lot to buy to get this thing ready for my car.

Here's a picture of my car after I got it out of the storage unit where it sat for 30 years. It's currently bare metal after getting chemically stripped and I'm working on the chassis.

Mark

Cool project. This is definitely the place to come if you want to learn about LS-based engines (and a great overall place in general for gearheads, IMO). Not quite as busy around here as it was in its prime, but pretty much all the info you could ever want is just a search/post away.

So welcome and stay cool over there in crazy *** Florida.

Quick Reply: Hello from So. Florida