Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to Ls1 w/ old Nova

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New to Ls1 w/ old Nova

Greetings from the Northern Great Plains.
I found this forum via Steve's Nova Site. Being a solid Gen X'er with heavy boomer tendencies, I'm not very tech savvy. I started looking to these forums for info, over a year ago, when I was getting ready to drop a 5.3 in my car. This site is a deep pool, but I finally decided to jump in.
My current setup is Lc9, 799's, warm cam, Church Boys Headers, with Fitech on top (don't judge me, lol). This is turning a Yank 3600 SS to a 4l60e that's supposedly been beefed up. I haven't got it completely dialed in yet. But that hasn't stopped me from gathering parts and info to build a bigger combo.
I look forward to meeting other gear heads and the learning opportunities that are here.

Old 03-14-2023, 01:55 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,759 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Welcome! Great looking car; 2nd and 3rd gen Chevy II/Novas are my favorites of the X-platform.

I've been a member at SNS (Steve's Nova Site) for well over a decade, but I haven't posted there in quite some time. I really should make an effort to be more active there again, it was a really great site when I used to frequent it.

Sounds like we are similar age/generation, and favor the dinosaur side of things. I'm a lost cause though, my Nova still has an old 355 SBC with a gasoline toilet bowl on top, and I have no interest in changing that. But I do love the LS1s I've had in my various 4th gen F-bodies, I've had at least one at every given moment for the last 24 years and don't plan on changing that either!
The following users liked this post:
Badlands Griz (03-14-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 06:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Welcome! Great looking car; 2nd and 3rd gen Chevy II/Novas are my favorites of the X-platform.

I've been a member at SNS (Steve's Nova Site) for well over a decade, but I haven't posted there in quite some time. I really should make an effort to be more active there again, it was a really great site when I used to frequent it.

Sounds like we are similar age/generation, and favor the dinosaur side of things. I'm a lost cause though, my Nova still has an old 355 SBC with a gasoline toilet bowl on top, and I have no interest in changing that. But I do love the LS1s I've had in my various 4th gen F-bodies, I've had at least one at every given moment for the last 24 years and don't plan on changing that either!
Thank you. I will always prefer the sound of a high compression, heavy springed, 18436572. I still have my old bracket car (another 66 hdtp, that my dad purchased in '76 and I campaigned '95-'02). It still has the all Dart 13.5:1 540 in it.
Thank you for the welcome.
Old 05-10-2023, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome. How did those Church Boys headers work. I’m thinking of ordering them for my DSE clip on a 65 Nova
Old 05-10-2023, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dirty_merz
Looks awesome. How did those Church Boys headers work. I’m thinking of ordering them for my DSE clip on a 65 Nova
Those CBR headers fit like a glove. I found out about Church Boys on Steve's Nova Site. Cool thing is Chuck and Chuck Jr are members on the site. They don't post much lately, but they're super available. I've talked with both of them on the phone, answering my questions. I'm running their bolt on front suspension with power rack, and their triangulated 4-link, coil over rear.
It'd take some digging, but i found a thread where Chuck Sr had dyno'd a stout LS using their long tube, and then their mid length headers. Surprisingly, the mids outperformed the long tubes. Not by much, but a little.
Go visit SNS. I'm GRIZBYII over there.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Badlands Griz
Those CBR headers fit like a glove. I found out about Church Boys on Steve's Nova Site. Cool thing is Chuck and Chuck Jr are members on the site. They don't post much lately, but they're super available. I've talked with both of them on the phone, answering my questions. I'm running their bolt on front suspension with power rack, and their triangulated 4-link, coil over rear.
It'd take some digging, but i found a thread where Chuck Sr had dyno'd a stout LS using their long tube, and then their mid length headers. Surprisingly, the mids outperformed the long tubes. Not by much, but a little.
Go visit SNS. I'm GRIZBYII over there.

Yea I’m on SNS as novakid65. I called Church Boys a week ago. Super nice dudes and helpful. I think only the long tubes fit on the DSE clip. Gotta start saving my pennys for that.
The following users liked this post:
Badlands Griz (05-11-2023)

Quick Reply: New to Ls1 w/ old Nova