Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello again, from Austin TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hello again, from Austin TX

Hi everyone,
I joined this forum in 2005, way back in the olden days! I finished up a long-term modular Ford engine conversion project in my 2001 mustang (gasp!) and I just last year have acquired my first LS engine and have embarked on a swap project and am collecting parts as I find them. I've always wanted an LS and now looking forward to learning more about the GM stuff. I'm hoping to learn a ton on this website and I already have so many questions. I am the type of person to research and read up on everything before tearing into it in my garage. I've read most every "LS swap how-to" type of online article and YouTube video out there. I understand the approach and have a good starting plan in place but certainly there will be a ton of specific details I'll need help with from you all. I'll be asking lots of questions so thank you in advance.

My project is a 1952 Chevy 5-window pickup truck. My engine and trans is LQ4/4L80E out of a T-boned 2002 Silverado HD. The chassis is a mustang II front end kit with an 8.8 from a late 90's Explorer out back. A guy did the chassis for me and I just wrapped up the engine and trans mounts with some help. Next up is steering column and gas and brake pedals. I pick at this thing little by little since i have job, family, house, etc., so this build will take awhile and I'm ok with that.

Quick Reply: Hello again, from Austin TX