Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy working on a project

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New guy working on a project

Hey all just wanted to say hi. I'm new here regarding posting. I'm building a c2 corvette and putting in an L33 (aluminum block, 799 heads, flat pistons, etc.) and a Tremec tr6060 MM6 transmission. Some annoying things came up that I couldn't find information on the site for so I thought I'd start sharing.

Engine- General confusion exists amongst some regarding the L33 engine. It was not the only aluminum block that came out at that time. The LM4 was also an aluminum block but was not the high performance L33. The easiest way to see the difference is by grabbing a borescope (AutoZone rental tool if you don't own one), and looking inside the spark plug hole to verify the pistons actually are flat. I've noticed companies on Ebay advertising L33 motors (bought one myself and had to return it), that are actually LM4's that someone just threw the 799 heads on. So be careful with that.

Transmission- Tremec TUET numbers are the identifying numbers that Tremec uses on the tags you find on these transmissions, not the 3-letter codes. Also, on the internet I have only found incomplete lists of TUET numbers, so I'll add mine here. The 2015 Camaro with the MM6 has code TUET 13670. Hope this helps someone.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 621 Likes on 491 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome! Sounds like a fun project. Make a thread in the swaps and conversions forum and post some pics!

Quick Reply: New guy working on a project