Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS1Tech Kicks ASS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 03:41 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
To me no other site exists....
You mean there's other sites on the internet???
Old 08-18-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

another great thign is that it doesnt just apply to LS1's. alot of the info on here can be applied to almost any other engine out there. untill i found this site all i had to learn from was howstuffworks.com but that only teaches you the basics. i love how in depth these discussions get and how much knowledge there is to be had by anyone willing to seek it.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Launching!

I had a problem with my Ford Expedition 4x4, and waited for a couple of days after posting on some ford truck forums with no results. On a whim, I posted in the truck forum here (which, as an fbody guy, I never read). BAM! Problem solved my multiple members within minutes.

The sheer volume of automotive knowledge on this site is overwelming.

As mentioned previously, props to the mods and admins for runing this joint so smoothly, and props to all the members as well for being mature, knowledgable, logical, thougtfull and eager to help.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Location: In the Keebler elves freg'n tree house eating freg'n cookies

Yup bros....good times....good times.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX

I think there is another LSsomenthing or another.com out there, but who cares. The tech here has pulled me out of a few pinches. The search button here produces information
Old 08-18-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up I Agree!!

Definitely one OF THE BEST websites on the World Wide Web! EVERYONE here seems cool and is eager to help one another. VERY COOL!!! I have to admit the moderators are doing a GREAT job!!!!! Just a shout out to ALL the LS1 owners and members.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is the best site, it is my home page! I would like to thank everybody who is responsible!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys!!!!! We try to make it the best site around! I know I learned just about eveything I know through this place Ill never leave
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

i kno no other site than LS1TECH....this is my home away from home

J
Old 08-19-2004, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I joined up just a few days ago, and I love it here. Great info, tons of resources, friendly members, helpful mods... LS1tech.com has everything.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definetly the best site out there for the ls1. It's my 2nd favorite site behind hardcoresledder.com, but that's because I'm even more addicted to snowmobiling. And my snowmobile is faster than my camaro.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

I love it aswell
Old 11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Hey all, newbie on the site. Pleaseure to make your aquaintances. Some former projects include a 12 second Supercharged Civic, a 550-HP Supercharged Fox-Bodied Stang and I just sold off my 300HP MR2. My latest toy is an 04 GTO (Black on Black.) I'm building a fully street/ emissions legal ride, so far mods include a Stainless Works header set, along with hi-flo cats, a pair of Quicktime E-cut outs, a Satinless Works cat back, cold air intake, reground Z06 cam and a ported head package with aftermarket valve springs, a fast LX manifold, proto-type Hurst shift kit, dyno tune and a PCM reflash. With just the basic bolt ons (I/E/H), the car dynoed at 335rwhp, which based on the poor driveline loss, is over 400 crank horses. The rest of the moderate engine work (Going on right now) should get her up close to 375-400 rwhp and 450-485 crank horses, which will be my cue to take her home. After that, a stereo system upgrade should finish her off. As far as looks, I'm staying sleeper for now. I'll wait and swee what ideas I get off this board. Glad to be here!
Old 11-01-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino74
a 12 second Supercharged Civic
You mean it's possible for a civic to actually make power?!

j/k. welcome to the site.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
Every since I joined last October I have really enjoyed being on this forum. No other forum has this much information about so many types of vehicles.
You guys have done a great job!

Thanks to all of the LS1Tech owners!
Ahhh, another person that feels the same as me!!!! Check out this thread topic I started (one of my first couple of posts) when I got that ls1tech feelin'!

What www.ls1tech.com means to me (Please Read!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I scroll through my semi-newb threads, my heart fills with anticipation and joy. As I read each and every piece of invaluable input, commentary, information and necessary flames, I keep realizing that I have found something great. Almost all of us have the same gritty passion for cars, speed, engines and competition. It’s like all of us f-body/ls1 owners are just united in this great kingdom of vast knowledge known as ls1tech to share our obsession. Us against the rest of the world. A world of rice, morons, soccer moms, morons driving rice and…well, you guys get the picture. I have found myself in a new brotherhood and feel very much at home even though I am very new to ls1tech. We are a swarming mob of information, passion, enthusiasm and above all; loyalty to one badass motor!

I want to thank anyone who has posted on my threads and attempted to help me out in my quest (see sig.), any ls1tech veterans that still find time to stroll through threads and offer advice, and to the administrators/creators and anyone else who is involved with the upkeep of this awesome site.

Please comment and tell everyone what you think of ls1tech, the people and vehicles here, and the brotherhood we have formed.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:30 PM
NKAWTG...N

god knows how much better my GPA would be if this site didn't exsist....

...but thats a chance I'm willing to take...LONG LIVE LS1TECH!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stoleit
god knows how much better my GPA would be if this site didn't exsist....
Ill have to agree with you on that one!!!

But if it wasnt for LS1 tech I wouldnt have even attempted my motor swap...I honestly couldnt have done it without this website. This has to be the most technical site thats based around one engine...Props to everyone on here...
Old 11-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Teching In

this page is so addicting and helps the unknowledgable get knowledge in 3 days of being here ive learned 4times more then what i have known
Old 11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
Old 11-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrp

i can honestly say im addicted to this site. when i dont spend my time constantly hitting the refresh button hoping for a new thread i bide my time using the search
Haha, couldn't agree more, helps the work day pass by. Welcome to the board 99-LS1-SS