Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey all

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ryan from Anchorage, AK. I just bought a Black SLP built 02 SS. This is my first car and it has been quite an experience the last month. Now that I've put it away for winter, I'm planning my upcoming mods. I know I will be doing Kooks LTs with cat Y, but I was wondering how well the SLP smooth bellows and 85mm MAF perform. Also, does anyone know a good TB to go with the FAST LSX intake (78mm).
This car was ordered with SLP parts, so I'm kind of partial to using their parts for most mods. Does anyone have any input on their 500hp LS6 head/cam package? Here are the current mods done by SLP.
-Base Alterations
-345hp Center Exhaust
-Grille
-10 Spoke Chrome Wheels
-G-Force KD Tires
-1LE Suspension
-Auburn Diff
-Blackwing Intake

Later,

Ryan
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 AM
STF Veteran

Their intake and exhaust are the only performance mods I see listed. I don't wanna bash anyone, but my .02 on SLP is that better performance can be had with less money. Brand loyalty is for people who are sponsored, IMO. I never saw a check from them. I wouldn't recommend their MAF if you have an auto, can hurt your tranny. Run a search on it. An aftermarket MAF shouldn't be necessary. The stock one's good for over 400 RWHP. Fernco mod is cheaper than the smooth bellows and really doesn't up the HP any. More of an appearance mod. I would say get yourself a cutout in addition to the headers and Y pipe. That's a cheap way to get some more ponies. After a while you'll be wanting a cam, then heads or a rear end if you don't **** can it before then.

Research and decide what you want to do first. That way you only do your mods once.

Welcome to the site!
Old 10-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would go with a heads and cam package from one of our sponsors, i.e. speed inc. or texas-speed...like 02phoenix said, don't mess with the maf, kooks are a good idea, i would look into getting true duals too, or a catback like magnaflow or corsa...a good tb to go with the 78mm fast intake is their 78mm tb...but if you are getting a h/c package, i would go 90mm fast tb and their intake, or an ls2 intake(a lot cheaper)...the options are endless, and just read what different people have done, a lot of it is trial and error, and the search button will be your best friend!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

like the others said go through someone other than slp (sponsors) and you can get just as good or better and cheaper products from them than slp...but do what you like and good luck