Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey there everyone

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey there everyone

Well, I'm probably not in the norm here, however I'd like to say hello to everyone. I don't have a v8 and don't plan to soon... However, I'm really interested in learning all i can about as much as possible in the automotive world.
Heres a little about me:
I go to Kettering University (small cooperative education engineering school in Michigan)(actually the "birthplace" of the corvette)
I'm going for a mechanical engineering undergrad degree... with i hope a couple masters later.
I own a 96 Subaru SVX as my daily driver.
I'm about to start making a progect car out of a 93 Eclipse GSX
I work at ZF industries doing On-Highway Application Engineering
I haven't had much experience at all with push-rod motors.
I'll probably be lurking quite a bit in the tech forums hehe.

I'm basically here because I don't have much personal experience, and I'd like to. I have a good understanding of most technical things, and with a little explanation theres little I can't understand. Thanks to all the supporters for providing this great resource of information.
Thank you for reading this far... I think I'll grab a beer, sit back and read for a while...

And I dont' think anyones goingn to yell "ricer" however just in my defense, I've learned a great respect for many types of engines/cars... and I WILL eventually build a big block drag racer... thats just not what I have the $$ or interest in right now.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:06 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well welcome to the site. This is about the best place to find all the information you described you're looking for. There are alot of members on the board that dont have V8's, and others that dont even have the LS1 motor. There's a great diversity on this site. That's part of what makes it great.