Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Member

Hello everyone. I have been coming to this site for a really long time and i am just now registered to post. I have a 2000 SLP camaro SS. It is sebring silver with a 6 speed hurst shifter. I got it brand new spring break of 2000. It came with the zr1 chrome wheels, the ss floor mats, dash plaque, and slp dual/dual exhaust. I have done quite a few mods to her. First i tinted the windows. I then added SLP LT headers with no cats and the slp y pipe. I also upgraded to a centerforce clutch. I lowered the car with hotchkis springs. I then put a flowmaster muffler on it because i wanted it to be a little louder. About 5 months ago i got stuck into a big rain storm and sucked water through my motor. It blew it up. I ended up getting a ls6 shortblock and i put TEA stage 2 5.3 heads in it. I also got the thunderracing 236/230 .601 lift cam. I also upgraded to a ls6 manifold and ported my throttle body. I dynod 400rwhp and 389rwtq. I thought i would get alot more power out of it. Do you think i need the LSX 90mm manifold and throttle body? What other bolt ons do i need to really help it out? I know i need 4.10s, trieng to decided to get a 9" or a 12 bolt rear end. I dont even think its worth putting 4.10s in the stock rear end, my luck it would break the first day i have them in.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you already know what to do. Nice setup you have there. It probably should be making more power. I was thinking the same thing from mine. I dynoed way lower than I should have. I was very dissapointed in the numbers but happy with the way it drove. I'm sure someone else can offer a little more info on what you should get as far as the 90mm manifold and TB i have no experience with those. Post that up in the external engine section and you will get all the help you need. Welcome to the site.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

welcome to the site.... those #'s do seem kind of low.... and they will even be a little lower once you decide on a 9in. or 12 bolt.... good luck to ya in whatever you do.... and if i was you i would go with a 9inch....