Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

I just converted...to the USA!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just converted...to the USA!

Hey everybody.

On friday i just bought a new car a 1998 Pontiac Trans AM A4

66,480 miles
T-Tops
Black on Beige leather.
K&N filter
SLP Lid?? (someone told me it is but the sticker was ripped off the lid)
Unknown aftermarket exhaust with no tips (gotta get some)
Aftermarket Shift Handle (rattles, changing it back to stock)

all for $9,700.........plus tax, title, registration and interest

Ill have pics up ASAP but right now its in the shop because when the dealer went for a sticker it threw a code (Camshaft Position Sensor). Itll be done by 2morow!

Here are the little things wrong with it that ill be fixing soon

1. Sticky keys on all radio controls including steering wheel.
2. Only the volume side works, not the seek side
3. Aftermarket **** handle button rattles alot
4. Front speakers dont work, back bass ones are blown (only rattles with bass on EQ up)
5. Plastic piece on steering wheel assembly is missing (on the side by the control stalk)
6. No Owner's manual with car
7. Headliner is loose (is this normal with t-tops??)
8. Door panels arent screwed in alot (guessing previous owner took front speakers but left the door panels loose)
9. No tips on exhaust
10. Supposedly my right blinker/brake light is very dim, and my left side is very bright compared to it
11. Sunvisors look like theyre gonna fall apart on the sides
12. Ashtray cover is a little loose
13. Cover that goes where the t-tops go (the piece that connects it to the track is cracked)
14. Squeak coming from rear (probly the hatch)
15. Lots of squeaks (vanity mirrors etc...)

And thats it....u know just a little normal things. Im replacing the speakers and radio anyways so i could care less about that and the steering wheel radio controls

One thing i do know is that this car flys!!

Hope to learn alot!!

-Greg
Old 05-11-2005, 07:00 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Hey Greg what's up. Post up some car pics if you can, that sounds like a badass TA. Enjoy the forum, and seeya round.

Brad
Old 05-13-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Sounds like some thoughtful plans. Plenty of knowledge on the forum. Good luck on your search!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congratulations, and welcome.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to the site!

Installing a set of subframe connectors stoped some of my squeaks/creaks, etc.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Welcome to the fun world of a squeaky, broken down 1998 F-body. Sold our 1998 Formula LS1/T56, our 6th and final 4th gen, back in December 2004 - one of the happiest days of my life. It helped having a 2005 Corvette to replace it with - all the power (and more), none of the problems.

Pieces of cork, folded up pieces of paper, and other homemade shims await your squeak chasing future. Earplugs or a loud radio are the ultimate "fix". Blown rear (B-pillar) Monsoon speakers are all too common - replace with aftermarket units (I paid about $129 installed for "decent" ones) and you'll be happier and *pong* free. Sticking in used, stock units only buys minimal time.

Electric gremlins/switches/motors stop working - nothing new here. Replace the brake/tail bulbs and pray that fixes it... otherwise look at fuses, ground wiring, replace sockets, sacrifice a live chicken, etc. Do both power windows work??? If so - they will eventually die, unless maybe you're lucky and they've already been replaced. New electric window motors are <$100-150 each but a total ***** to replace (ask for help on the boards when they die). Sometimes it's just the switches, but usually the motors. Ditto the headlight motors.

If it weren't for the factory LS1, there'd be no reason to own one of these cars. I honestly question the sanity of 4th gen owners with V6 engines. Just remind yourself this is a $9K car with 345 hp and RWD... over and over... and get a AAA card. Free towing!

I never reply to these random "I got a car!" posts; Just feeling particularly mean and spiteful today.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

congrats on the new ls1, u will get use to the rattles, or as one thread said a loud *** stereo will help out.