Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from the UK

Hi everyone

I have a Gardner Douglas cobra replica with the LS6 engine on board. Previously had a 4.5 rover v8 with dellorto carbs. What a contrast !

Staggering performance right thro the rev range however familiarity breeds complacency and boredom and am looking to upgrade the engine. Have been surfing this forum and the concensus seems to be heads and cam package.

Unfortunately there isn't the wealth of experience over here re the LS6 as there is in the states. I have sourced a guy who has ported a few heads and seems to have done a good job.

What cam should i go for and is it worth changing the rockers to increase the lift ? I want about 500 bhp for the track however do not want to compromise driveability too much as i use the car on a daily basis.

Got sent home from track day saturday for being to loud ! Managed to drown my sorrows though Does anyone know of a bolt on silencer that i can attach for such occasions. Was registering up to 110db when foot was to the floor. I have 3" straight thro pipes with silencers. How anyone can complain about the roar of a v8 i'll never know. Recently returned from le mans, well done corvette , gutted for aston martin though, next time Patriotism must prevail, sorry.

Keep replies simple as my expertise lies in medicine not mechanics.

Cheers
Rob
Old 07-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Ginger Hater

Welcome! I garauntee you will find the info you need on this site.

Thats B.S. a/b the car being to loud at the track thing....is there some kind of law against that?

-jon
Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the board, Thiis is the place to be.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Bedford autodrome has a noise limit of 101db. There were microphones at several points on the circuit and after one warning i was advised to ease off when i approached them however its hard not to use your right foot with a lambo up your tail and chasing down a porsche.

Unfortunately most circuits in the UK have noise restrictions now so i am looking for a bolt on silencer if its an issue again. It only takes a few miserable old gits with nothing better to do to complain to the council and they clamp down. How can you call the roar of a v8 noise pollution ? What do people expect when you live near a race circuit ? Looks like its going to be a few more trips over to Spa and the 'ring'.

Laters
Old 07-10-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too Loud?! There's no such thing. Next time just give 'em the ol' number one salute as you drop the hammer and leave two long, black marks to remember you by.
Welcome aboard!