Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new to v8's

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to v8's

hey guys ive been into the wrong kind of cars for years. a friend of mine has recently opened my eyes to the world of v8's and i cant get enough. i currently drive a 13.7 1/4 mile ford focus but im looking into getting an lt1 camaro. i know the ls1 is a faster motor but i cant afford a newer camaro. hopefully i will have it by christmas.im already looking into mods for it and have my first two projects in mind. the first will be the exhaust, hopefully i can get a camaro 95 or below so i dont have to worry about emmissions. the second project is a zex wet nitrous kit. i have nitrous on my focus and i have to say that im a little addicted to the giggle gas. plus a v8 + n20= fun fun fun. just thot i would pop in here and let everyone know a little about me and why i am here.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

How the hell to you get a focus to run 13's details please. My GF might be getting one.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome! There is a pretty decently sized crowd of LT1 guys here.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up Optispark (not sure if it's one word or two) before you do. It's the LT1's Achiles Heel. The '93 and '94 cars have a non-vented version that is slightly less reliable as you'll read.

Camaroz28.com is where all the LT1 guys hang out at. It's just like LS1tech but for LT1s.

Some LS1 cars on here and on eBay are going for $9,000 and less. Hell, there was a '98 mystic teal A4 Formula down the street from me with catback and lid going for $6,000! If you can swing that, then it would be preferable to an LT1 and not just for reasons of speed. Lord knows they are a bitch to work on!!!