Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Sup alls.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sup alls.

Hello, everyone. I have been hovering around this site for awhiles just reading the forums and figured it's about time I joined up. The "will my SS be worth a lot in 20 years or so from now?" thread on the Special Edition Vehicles is where I said I have to join up for the following reason below.

About a block away from my house there's a lady selling a '95 Camaro Z28 A4. I briefly checked it out and she told me that she's the second owner. The car has 151,000 miles. They've never had any problems with the engine. They don't know if it did have probs with previous owner although she believes the car has never had any problems. She started up the car and it starts great. Didn't get to test drive it though, =\. Everything is stock except they changed the wing at the back, it's a bit different type of a wing instead of the stock one. And its original color is Purple (Don't know if that's a rare color as it was mention in the thread in the SE vehicles). The car is selling for 5 grand. That seems like a good deal to me, then again I am 15 going on 16 this November 20 so I could be wrong.

I get my license in March next year and am interested in that Z28. If you could provide any info, any of you, please fill me in on what I can expect with that car and what I'm getting / getting into.

Thanks in advance to everyone. Hope to be here for a long time.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site
Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Welcome.

Most of the Fbods appear to be very reliable from mine after 5 yrs to everyone I know. For what I've done to mine with racing it and driving it daily I have NO complaints, it takes it's abuse well.

This car has been the MOST reliable GM I've ever bought. Only things that the dealer had to fix when new was: 2 power window motors, 2 sail panels in the interior separating and relplaced the original wheel locks.

As for an A4 LT1 powered Fbody being that 94 all I can say about them is the complaints of the Opti's going bad. LS1's don't have them. It seems though from 3 other guys here that are good buds the LS1's seem to need altnerators replaced at around 5 yrs. I will be ordering one soon to have at the house so when mine dies.........I have no down time.

When the time comes look around and take your time to find the right one.

For the cars and or people who keep them in plastic or garaged? Can't tell you but anyone holding onto one for the 'future' dollar amount for resale are missing out on a great car to drive and beat on.

I didn't buy mine to save it for the next person
Old 10-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys and gals, =).