Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Member

Hello everyone! I am new to this site as of 1/20/06. My name is Chris and I am from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have a 1968 Camaro that I found while on the school bus in 1986. My dad purchased the car for $2500 and we drove it home. We restored the engine compartment and drove it for a while. When I was 13, my dad told me that if I funded the rest of the money and did the rest of the work, I could have it when I turned 15. Lucky for me, he owns his own business, so I was fortunate enough to have a job to earn the cash for this project. After the body work and interior were finished, I drove the car for two years to and from school and work (Talk about meet new friends!). The car got keyed so I bought a truck for an everyday driver, and neglect set in on the Camaro. It's now been 14 years since the 1st restoration, and the 2nd is right around the corner. Thanks to Tony Whatley's '69 Camaro in the Chevy Hi Performance magazine, I now have shifted my thoughts from a big block chevy to an LS1 conversion. I thought I might could get some insight from others who have performed the LS1 conversion in a first generation Camaro.

Chris
Old 01-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome, it'll handle much better with the LS1 unless the BB is all aluminum.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome there.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome. It sucks that people can't respect a nice car, but instead have to be **** and do crap like that. Good luck with the restoration, though. And I think you would be very happy with an LS1.