Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy here

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006 | 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default new guy here

HI guys, just wanted to make a quick intro of my car 80malibu... "project G-force" is going to be my daily driver, except the winter months though. the suspension is global west/ATS with del-alum bushings, bilsteins and 13 inch brakes all round..18 inch compomotive MO motorsports wheels. paint and leather interior is true pro touring style, black topside with charcoal sides and orange pinstripe, black and grey leather with orange stitching and recaro seats..

the engine ... and here is a killer... is a plain jane 140 horse 305!! so what the f... am i doing here you might ask, well the plan, and i feel its a good one, is to transplant an LSx, so does any of you guys have any input on how to get the g-body and the lsx combo mated together..

plan was to find a 2002 camaro ls engine and tranny with everything, do a rebuild, add a set of piston and rods, perhaps some quality heads and a pair of turbos eventually, now im not going to run 20 pounds of boost, the goal is to get 500 streetable, good mileage, rear wheel horsepower

but if anyone has done an lsx/g-body swap and have some parts, suggestions or plans they are willing to part with im very interesred
Old 11-20-2006 | 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the site! I have a g-body too, no LSx in it though. Its a 87 Regal Limited with a 307 I bought for a driver. Good luck with your project, check the conversions and hybrids section-lots of good stuff in there.
Old 11-20-2006 | 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome, BTW I love LS1 Swapes