Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

A new C5 owner from TN

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new C5 owner from TN

Hello everyone. I'm obviously new to the site, as well as a new owner of a C5, or rather..an LS1 powered vehicle. I'm from the southwest corner of Tennessee in the crappy city of Memphis. Actually, I live just northeast of Memphis, in the better half of the neighborhood however I spend most of my day in and out of Memphis.

I'm looking for guidance through a build process. My goals aren't typical, and I'm not looking to just do a head/cam swap and call it a day. Hopefully you guys can shed some light to my build process and how it all turns out. I'm currently attending the University of Memphis and plan to slowly build this beast into something unusually fun.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 09-05-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome, sounds like a cool car. I too live in Memphis, and I also go to U of M. In fact, I am writing this on campus right now, lol. Since you are in this area, you should check out the WTFBA. Yes it is an F-Body club, but it doesn't matter. We have a few members with Vetts as well as other cars. We are a good group of folks. We are always looking for new members too, so check us out. There is a link in the sig.

-Ross
Old 09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the 901
Old 09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Teching In

wlecome... im in the germantown area
Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! I live in Memphis too near Memphis Motorsports Park. Let me know if you know any good mechanics in this area. I am always having trouble with the same thing over and over again on my camaro. Seems the dealer can't just get it right.

Enjoy your corvette!
Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Memphis is the southeast part of TN?????

Welcome from the real southeast part of TN! (Im from Chattanooga)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Teching In

dwayne watkins is the best mechanic around
Old 09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome to the site, and congrats to owning a Vette, get ready for the chicks to throw their thongs at you . So what do you have in mind, what are the big plans. Throw some pics of the car up too, Vettes, Trans Ams, and Camaros never get old.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tpduke112
Memphis is the southeast part of TN?????

Welcome from the real southeast part of TN! (Im from Chattanooga)

Holy **** I meant Southwest..

I work in the Southeast part of Shelby County, so if anyone rolls through Mendenhall, Winchester, Getwell, I-40, I-240, or Hwy14..your in my territory and will most likely come across me if it's early morning, lunchtime, or evenings after work.

Yeah, I'm looking to find several "buddies" to ride with. It's hard finding someone that enjoys playing on the streets, and terrorizing the crap outta other peeps. Anyways, I'm welcome to make friends with all of you. For those on or near campus, look for a Pewter Drop-Top C5 rolling through campus at 5:20PM tonight.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Welcome to the site, and congrats to owning a Vette, get ready for the chicks to throw their thongs at you . So what do you have in mind, what are the big plans. Throw some pics of the car up too, Vettes, Trans Ams, and Camaros never get old.
The big plans are still a toss up, and it all depends upon the hookup price as well. (Wholesale pricing on Lunati crank assemblies!) Anyways, as of now it looks like a bare LS1 block, with a 427ci, 434ci low comp (for boost), or 447ci Lunati stroker, with some 215cc-225cc heads from either A&A Corvette or LGM (not sure), as well as an LG cam kit and LG LT Pro's. Plan on using a Breathless Rear-End with 3.90 gears and output shaft, lowered setup with PFadt swaybars and eventually upgrading to the PFadt coilovers. Not sure about the clutch yet.

My goals are to have 550-600whp all nuts with some room for a power-adder. So the low compression 434 might be the ticket, however I'm just not sure yet. I'm looking for 135+mph trap speeds once I've completed my setup.

Pics will come up after this weekend. I need to clean it up and get some good angles.

Yeah the panties do slide off a little easier with the Vette. However, I'm committed to a local. She's known as the current Ms. Tipton County.

Last edited by fueledpassion; 09-05-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Who is Dwayne Watkins?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM

Welcome fellow TN member!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chevygirl
Welcome! I live in Memphis too near Memphis Motorsports Park. Let me know if you know any good mechanics in this area. I am always having trouble with the same thing over and over again on my camaro. Seems the dealer can't just get it right.

Enjoy your corvette!

I'm not very far from Memphis Motorsports Park..maybe 20 minutes tops. I live in Brighton.