Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Tejas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Tejas

Hello All,

I decided to step out of the anonymous crowd and step up and become someone who hopefully can contribute to this forum; as well as continue to learn from so many of you who have passion for projects and performance.

I’m from Texas and learned how to start working on cars back in 89 at the age of 20 when I got ripped off from a shade tree mechanic who was gonna replace my dead V6 with a chevy 350 in my 82 Buick Regal. I ended up tackling it myself with help from neighborhood hotrod mentors, books and my Pops. It was my first conversion ever to replace a V6 with a chevy V8 305 / 350 tranny.

I haven’t been fortunate to own a Corvette, Camaro, GTO, etc; let alone a car that possess the LS1, LS6, etc. But I’ve gotten my hands on a LM7 to replace the 305 in my 87 GMC truck. So….I’m working my way through a budget conversion due a cracked block.

I also want to give props to so many of you who’s threads I’ve read and unknowing helped me make the right decisions and clarify some of the confusion often holding up progress.

Thanks in advance,

JonnyTechMech
Old 02-08-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to have you, nice to have another fellow Texan.