Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Daytona Beach

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New guy from Daytona Beach

Whats up everyone, my name is Chris, I'm new to Daytona, and I'm new to LS1's. I've owned 4 fbods (79, 91, 95, and 01). I have my eyes on a 1999 T/A and will hopefully pick it up by the end of the month, if not, then the search continues. What I can say though, is I've already learned a TON of info just by reading through the boards and I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions. I hope to be interacting with you soon, and hopefully getting together with some locals!

A little info on the prospective T/A...its a 99, non WS6 car, I have not gone to drive it yet, I will be making my decision then since it is a 150K car, but I can complain on the price, I've gotten the seller to agree to $4200 over the phone, and I'm sure I can get it for an even 4K in person. I've already read about oil pressure and temp nominal readings, as well as the "acceptable" piston slap.

I still have not been able to fully differentiate the LS1 throughout the F body production run, so anything in particular to look for in a 99, or any reason to stay away from one is greatly appreciated.

Pics of my ride, and previous rides can be seen in my fquick link.
edit: sig isnt showing for whatever reason. www.fquick.com/crispy