General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What next?? I am torn and confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What next?? I am torn and confused

Ok guys, I have been running this series all year called the "east coast fastest street car shootout".. My cas is "real street" meaning tires with a treadwear of 160 or better, and cant run faster than a 7.50 in the 1/8.. I am currently running upper 8.0X's and lower 8.1X's.. Its ran a best of 7.98 but only happened once cause of the street tires I have alot of trouble at the line.. There are 5 races and I have won once, false started once, and the last event had car trouble (fixed).. I am in second place for points but a 5.0 Fox body is giving me trouble.. He runs 7.80's on a good launch but I have seen him run 8.1X's also.. He is spraying of course..

I thought about a G5X3 with supporting valvetrain
I thought about a 100 shot, wet..
I sometimes wonder if I should go back and upgrade things that still haven't been done like Torque Arm, Ecutout, line lock

I have listed everything I have done and I know everyone will have different opinions but I want them all..

02 T/A WS6, Lid, K&N, Bellow, 1 3/4 LT's, ORY, Borla Adj. w/ no plate, TransGo shift kit, 3.42 rear, PerformaBuilt 4k stall, Prothane mounts, control arms, panhard, tuned by BlueCat.. ripped insulation under the carpet but otherwise car is FULL weight..
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a torque arm and get the car on a diet