General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is it normal to have traction light on on a 850HP C5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it normal to have traction light on on a 850HP C5?

I am purchasing a C5 with a built 408 and Procharger. She is putting down 740 HP to the rear wheels. My question is - the Service traction light comes on as soon as you get into it. Is this normal on a very high HP vette or a problem with the electronics? I didnt like what I read about the cost of replacing the control module. I would probably be driving with that off all the time anyway. As long as it didnt affect my inspection sticker I am fine with a small error light..

Your Thoughts?

After doing extensive searches on the subject I hadn't found anyone with a similar question answered. I have attached the dyno sheet so you can be assured your not wasting your time answering my question.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon
Attached Thumbnails Is it normal to have traction light on on a 850HP C5?-dynogif.gif  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

I googled "Service traction light corvette" and a couple of threads from Corvette specific fourms came up and it seems like its a common issue even on regular cars. So it is probable just one of those things that is over sensitive on the cars, although there is a possibility that it's on its way out.

If you scroll down the page and go to the "vehicle specific section" there is a "corvette performance" section with a "C5" section I would try posting this in there and seeing if anyone has experienced this issue as that is corvette specific.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Could just be dis-engaged, I know alot of guys that have it set that way.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is it normal that the light comes on? Yes. Is it because you have 800hp? Yes. Is traction an issue. Yes! lol.