LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Brp

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Brp

I will try to put in the short version of the story. Just call Shawn at BRP and ask him if he sold me an LS1 and automatic transmission that was suppose to have 45,000 miles on it, that ended up with many more miles. I talked to him several times and e-mailed him as well. He admitted the miles were wrong but refused to correct my payment.
When I first complained of the condition of the engine and transmission he told me it wasn't 45K it was 78K, (which I still don't believe). He then told me it had 68K in another conversation. I gave him my reasons why I think the engine and trans. has over 100K. He e-mailed me and said he can prove it was 78K by looking up the VIN# of the car, and he would give me the car's VIN and I could look it up myself. When I e-mailed him back I stated 2 things:
1) Unless things have changed, I don't know how to connect a car's VIN# to an exact engine.
2) Being the ethical and responsible vender he says he is, if he thought the engine/trans. had 45K on it and charged me top dollar, then found out the mileage was thousands of miles off, how does he not refund me any money?

He never sent me any money, never sent me a useless VIN, and I have never heard from him again.

My name is Lou Rocco and feel free to call Shawn at BRP and ask him if any of this is a lie.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have anything for you other than to let you know that all GM engines have the last 8 digits of their VIN etched into the block close to the oil filter location.