LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

John at SDPC

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Thumbs down John at SDPC

I Bought a set of valve seals for a LS1, was shipped the wrong ones, I got ones for a SBC. I got ahold of them, managed to work out a deal to get the correct ones over-nighted for $10 charge..no biggie..everything was kosher.
Upon recieveing the new ones and cheking the Bank statements I was charged $26.80..freight plus the parts that I had already paid for. I was charged this $26.80 while I was on the phone with John as he was telling me that the charge was going to be $10.
A Fraud Claim has alreagy been filed with the Bank as as soon as the transaction clears it will be flagged and filed, and the Bank will take action from there.

Personally I think John needs to get his heead and *** wired together where it functions correctly. I attempted to make contact with him about it and have recieved no response.

Regardless if this is resolved or not this is a big crock of bullshit, it's legitimate credit card fraud, and some punitave action should take place with that company and Mr. John there.

I won't be doing businiess with them in the future, and plan to get my money back with this one here legally if need be.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You attempted to make contact with me over the weekend. We are not here on the weekend. Our business hours are listed on our website.

This is not personal, so please do not make it out that way. I can only do what the company allows me to, and you said $30 twice with me while on the phone. We paid more than that on our end to ship the stuff to you overnight with sat delivery in the first place.

You had these for over a month as well, but just decided on the very last day to have your heads machined? I know that our warehouse messed up yes, but you will not find a business out there that will send parts for no charge at all. You see it as only 1 transaction. They will not allow me to send any part out that is not somehow paid for. But i have gotten back with you in 3 different ways now, and have said that just as soon as i see those seals headed back to us, i will refund you.

It is nothing personal, it is just business, and I can only do what I am allowed.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I talked to you on the phone this morning and tried to explain it all to you, yet you only seemed interested in cussing at me and telling me John lied to you and ripped you off. You were being very unreasonable over the matter when all you had to do was speak with us and verify what's going on, as I was trying very hard to do for you. As I said on the phone I do totally understand that there was a miscommunication and you needed to clear up what was going on because you don't feel that we explained it to you beforehand. Give us a chance to explain that instead of cussing at someone who knows nothing about the situation(me), all I was trying to do was help you out with a situation that I had to research to find out what was going on. With the new seals we sent you a shipping label (which you already have in your possession not only as you write this, but when we talked this morning) to ship the wrong seals back , and when they get back to us you would be refunded for one set of seals. This is standard business practice among all major vendors. As long as you have two sets of seals, we must charge you for both sets which is NOT credit card fraud. You called us and verified with us that we were going to send you a 2nd set while you still had the first set, therefore we must charge you for the 2nd set, and we can refund one charge when you actually return a set of seals to us. If you don't want to pay for a 2nd set of seals, the option is to wait while the ones you have are shipped back to us and when we get them we ship out another set. It's the only way we have to know that parts will be returned.

Now that you say you have filed it as credit card fraud, we can't refund you when those seals get back. We now have to wait until the claim is clear. I can't give you a refund while you are in the process of a credit card chargeback. It's not credit card fraud when we can show the company shipping information for two sets of seals. You have been sent two sets and we have shipping proof of that. When the claim is clear AND we have a set of seals back from you, we will refund you for said seals. you made a thread accusing us of fraud and filed charges over something without having even spoken with us regarding the matter. Now, because of that, our hands are tied with a chargeback investigation.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

If you don't hear anything from the bank then send the refund. I'm the one that will give them the go-ahead if need be..the claim had been filed, but I tell them when to start looking into it.

Misunderstanding, yes. I told you what parts were left out of the conversation from the other day. You can talk that down aswell but the fact remains is the attention to detail that I have experienced. Wrong parts plus not enough info explained = fail.

And about the $48 shipping them..if everything was done correctly at first then you wouldn't have that problem.

I'll get them out as soon as take the time to find a box and waste my gas going to the FedEX place for your mess-up. Good day.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, this whole situation would not have happened IF the parts were sent right. I/we never said that they were not. I am sorry that it turned into a small problem at first and a larger problem just a few hours later. I cannot undo what has been done, and if our business practice cannot make things right and please you, then there is not much that I can do to fix that.

I do take offense to you taking a personal attack at me. I apologized to you, the least you could do it some sort of like gesture in return....
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
If you don't hear anything from the bank then send the refund. I'm the one that will give them the go-ahead if need be..the claim had been filed, but I tell them when to start looking into it.

Misunderstanding, yes. I told you what parts were left out of the conversation from the other day. You can talk that down aswell but the fact remains is the attention to detail that I have experienced. Wrong parts plus not enough info explained = fail.

And about the $48 shipping them..if everything was done correctly at first then you wouldn't have that problem.

I'll get them out as soon as take the time to find a box and waste my gas going to the FedEX place for your mess-up. Good day.
If we are not notified of a chargeback, the only thing the refund will be waiting on will be for you to get the other seals back to us and you will immediately be refunded for the set. We sent you a set saturday, you can use that box to send them back if oyu like, and you can pull the label we also provided out of that box and stick it on that box to return them free of charge, we can't make it any easier. We messed up and pulled the wrong parts to send you and have admitted that with no excuses, after that we've done nothing but gone the extra mile to make this right despite your attacks on us and calling us cussing at us. We even stepped up to pay 80% of an overnight charge to get them to you even though you had an entire month with the parts and then all of the sudden needed overnight shipping. There's nothing to downplay, we're trying to help you out regardless of the fact that you can't see that. We've done ALL that we can, so just send the others back with the free shipping label that has been provided and we will gladly refund your money.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

Got it, they are boxed up and as soon as I find the FED EX place they will be on the way.
Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
even though you had an entire month with the parts and then all of the sudden needed overnight shipping.
Heads got back from the Machine Shop that morning..no real way to check them till I have the Heads in hand. I'm not going to take apart my 5.3 in my Sierra to check something that is supposed to be right.

John, if you take offense to what you took as a personal attack, then my apologies.

Me personally I get mad when I'm the victim of a mistake due to lack of attention to detail. Then again I guess I shouldn't expect it from a job that isn't held to that high of standard or probably doesn't require that skill/qualification, whatever you want to call it.

That's just my opinion and feeling, I'm used to making sure **** is right, and if it's not then it's someone's ***..but that's just me.

Quick Reply: John at SDPC