LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Horrible experience with Straightline Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Horrible experience with Straightline Performance

To make a long story short, I dropped my car off at Straightline Performance in New Lenox, IL on August 18 of last year. I had some possible tune/tranny issues and I was told it might be a little bit before they could get to my car.

The months rolled by and I was finally told my tranny was toast, there were a couple issues (a possible bad trans rebuild) and the trans was yanked twice to my knowledge. Somehow in all this my car was caught in limbo and didn't appear to have been touched for the better part of six months. I called every two weeks looking for an update, most the time it would take me 2-3 phone calls to finally get a call back from them.

Now I am sitting here without a car over a year later and I keep getting put off again over when my car is going to hit the dyno, I've heard "maybe next monday" for the last month. I'm out of patience and my phone calls pleading to get my car back for the last two weeks have gone unanswered. For right now I have to say to everyone, stay away from Straightline.

Last edited by rubber duck; 08-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rubber duck
To make a long story short, I dropped my car off at Straightline Performance in New Lenox, IL on August 18 of last year. I had some possible tune/tranny issues and I was told it might be a little bit before they could get to my car.

The months rolled by and I was finally told my tranny was toast, there were a couple issues (a possible bad trans rebuild) and the trans was yanked twice to my knowledge. Somehow in all this my car was caught in limbo and didn't appear to have been touched for the better part of six months. I called every two weeks looking for an update, most the time it would take me 2-3 phone calls to finally get a call back from them.

Now I am sitting here without a car over a year later and I keep getting put off again over when my car is going to hit the dyno, I've heard "maybe next monday" for the last month. I'm out of patience and my phone calls pleading to get my car back for the last two weeks have gone unanswered. For right now I have to say to everyone, stay away from Straightline.
Since this username is unknown to me, and the original poster did not leave a name, or even the type of car that was left, it is hard to say anything about this post. I have an idea of who it may be, I will not make a response based purely on speculation. If anybody wants to know any further information, please feel free to email me: sales@1320hp.com.

No further replies will be made without knowing for sure who made this post.

Last edited by Tuner@Straightline; 08-24-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

I'm Josh, the guy with the twin turbo Cobra.

Every time I have been able to actually speak with someone they've been professional, I have no gripes there. As a matter of fact I've spoken at length with Nick about what's going on with my car this week (after I posted this thread) and told him to fix whatever needed to be fixed.

I've never been unreasonable with you guys through these delays and only started getting impatient over the last month because I need to get rid of the car. I can understand some delays and you guys being busy, but this is turning into a never ending saga. I never in my wildest dreams thought my car would be there for over a year, even with the unforseen trans problems.

I'm not the type to drag somebody's name through the mud or post something like this, especially when I've met you face to face and you seem like a good guy trying to run a good shop. I was trying to get ahold of you guys for the last few weeks after being told my car was hitting the dyno, and I got tired of leaving messages and feeling put off. I've actually been tired of this for awhile now, it's just getting to the point now where I need a working car back very soon. I hope you can help me with that.

Last edited by rubber duck; 08-30-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Straightline Performance