LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

UMI Sucks!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011 | 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Default UMI Sucks!!!!!!!!

I purchased a road race LS1 k-member from UMI, and I had to bend the passenger side front control arm mounting plates forward over an 1/8 of an inch, but the driver side fit perfect.

Then the steering rack is sitting crooked by a 1/4 inch, so I put up a post on here asking why and Mike from UMI says call Jerry from UMI so I did and after a week of phone calls and multiple stops to the shop my cars at, and sending pictures and having Jerry agree that it is crooked he says it should be fine, if you don't like it than modify the k-member to make things straight.

Well thats bull s---t, we pay full asking price for these products and are told they are an upgrade and made to be the best and this guy tells me modify it and have a nice day. To my knowledge when you do chassis work on a car the object is to keep it square as possible.

Well UMI has cost me extra labor money at the shop.
The have pushed back the time of completion.

So I guess thats life and it seems I took another one up the rear, and yes this rant is the only way I can possibly feel better about this situation and I hope other than my friends, anyone that reads this goes somewhere else for parts, I will be doing the same I still need a torque arm and all rear components.

Nice doing business with you UMI A.K.A (Crooks)
Old 03-08-2011 | 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

We have been making our rack mounts in the same location on all our K-members since 2005, they will not effect the steering or alignment of the vehicle. We have the rack mounts slightly moved for additional clearance as part of the design. This is what Jerry tried to explain to you.

As far as the A-Arm mount, it could have bent in slightly during shipping. Each K-member leaves here and is fully inspected with a detailed and completed inspection sheet. I checked your inspection sheet and the dimensions are all with in spec which leaves me to believe it might have happened during shipping.

I am sorry you had trouble.

Ryan
Old 03-08-2011 | 03:34 PM
On The Tree

First of all Jerry agreed that the rack mounts were wrong and he said just open up the holes more so yes you might move the rack mounts for clearence but it should not be crooked.

And nice try with the shipping damage, the brackets were square to each other but both are an 1/8" off so now with the control arm bolted in they are on an angle.

You guys had the chance to work with me on this and chose not too, now i'm exposing your faults to potential customers and you don't like it, so stop making excuses and just realize this can happen again if you choose not to learn from this mistake.

For anybody that doesn't believe me I have the pics and the parts to prove it.

Quick Reply: UMI Sucks!!!!!!!!