LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs down Speed Engineering

I ordered the MSD plug wires that they had on their sight for 99.99. I emailed them to ask the length and Sean ended up saying that the ones I needed were 135, and then told me the part number was the ones that I ordered. I asked him if he was going to honor the price that was on the website and he said no and that 100's of the prices on their site were wrong.

So they are in the business of letting you order and then changing the price. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I did get my money refunded, which that was a surprise. If they are too lazy to keep up with their prices then they should have "call for pricing" listed on everything.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you going to post this you might as well explain all of it rather then paraphrase to your benefit:

-Yes, you ordered as set of MSD wires off our site for 99.00. The set you ordered is not a common set we sell, and is not a stocking part. Once we had several emails back and forth, we found that MSD had a price increase on those wires higher then your complete order including shipping. We would have to purchase the wires at today's pricing. Not a previous price that would still allow us to break even, or make any money.

(At that point we would have to pay you to received the wires. That is not far to us either).

-As for the comment concerning the 100's of parts pricing being incorrect. That is true with almost every vendor. We have thousands of parts on our site. Manufactures dont always inform us of price hikes. We try to keep all of our pricing correct, but it is almost impossible to catch every item.

Sean
Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
If you going to post this you might as well explain all of it rather then paraphrase to your benefit:

-Yes, you ordered as set of MSD wires off our site for 99.00. The set you ordered is not a common set we sell, and is not a stocking part. Once we had several emails back and forth, we found that MSD had a price increase on those wires higher then your complete order including shipping. We would have to purchase the wires at today's pricing. Not a previous price that would still allow us to break even, or make any money.

(At that point we would have to pay you to received the wires. That is not far to us either).

-As for the comment concerning the 100's of parts pricing being incorrect. That is true with almost every vendor. We have thousands of parts on our site. Manufactures dont always inform us of price hikes. We try to keep all of our pricing correct, but it is almost impossible to catch every item.

Sean
The only thing you offered was to refund my money. You made no attempt to make your error correct, ie give them to me at your cost so you didn't "have to pay me to take the wires."

You keep your bait and switch tactics and I'll shop elsewhere. I also informed you that I would post this and you said, and I quote, "We don’t care, our income is not from LS1tech. Look at our post history."

This economy is pretty nice, I'm sure you have so much business that you can just shoo away customers.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Sponsor

(The only thing you offered was to refund my money. You made no attempt to make your error correct, ie give them to me at your cost so you didn't "have to pay me to take the wires." )

-? We didn't offer to refund your money. You told us to, and that you were going to post on LS1Tech. So we did as you stated first thing in the morning. You gave us no chance of any negotiations.

(You keep your bait and switch tactics and I'll shop elsewhere. I also informed you that I would post this and you said, and I quote, "We don’t care, our income is not from LS1tech. Look at our post history.")

-If you honestly think we have any bait and switch tactics that is just ridiculous. I can't tell you one time since 2003 that we have ever attempted, or even thought about tricking any of our customers into buying products. We are honest and pride ourselves in being that way.

-As for the negative post. To be upfront we really don't care. If you really look at most of the posts in here many Vendors as well as us try very hard to keep good customer service. 99% of all our customers are very happy us, or we wouldn't be here plain and simple. The ones that post in here for the most part are usually those customers you can never please. So, why would we care if you complain to customers we don't really want to deal with any way.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

I've been on tech since 2006 and have bought thousands of dollars of products from vendors and residents on this site.

I've never posted in this section, because everything always went smoothly. You can have the "we don't care" attitude all you want. You'll never see a dime from me.

It would have been pretty easy to satisfy me. Make your mistake right. You should have said that we can't offer it to you at that price, but what I can do is give it to you at cost. That would have been fine with me. Pretty easy.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Sponsor

You didn't allow us any opportunity? You stated to refund your money, and that you were posting on Tech. At that point in our opinion that means refund your money immediately because I don't care to deal with you guys any more. You also stated you wanted us to honor your original price. I highly doubt if given the opportunity the 10-15.00 difference would have changed anything, considering they were 35.00 more then your original order.

Sean

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering