LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Lonnies Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up Lonnies Performance

Lonnie treated me very well - if you are considering a fuel system upgrade of any sort, he's on the top of my short list of people I trust. His business hours are fantastic - I called him at 10PM on a Tuesday night, and he answered the phone. Talked to him for a little bit, placed my order, and had a Paypal invoice a few minutes later. He told me he was pretty back logged with other customers' projects, but he'd do his best to squeeze me in over the weekend. He shipped my stuff the following Monday, and it was on my door step by Wednesday.

I originally ordered a Racetronix pump and harness straight from Racetronix late last year. I just got around to installing these things a couple weeks ago, and over the course of merely priming the pump, it ended up failing on me with no warning (never even got to start the car). I tried emailing Racetronix to figure out what I could do, and they directed me to their user support forum. I posted a thread in there, but over the past couple weeks, they have yet to respond. I'm honestly not sure I ever will hear back from them. Bottom line: don't order anything directly from Racetronix. I can assure you that you won't hear back from them if you have a problem.

Bought a new GM fuel bucket assembly and another Racetronix pump from Lonnie - I asked him if he could assemble everything and test it for me before shipping, and he was more than happy to oblige. He even removed the factory regulator for me since I run an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator up front. It gave me peace of mind to know that he was the one putting everything together since he's done so many of these - I wanted to make sure I couldn't be blamed for anything during this install in case this pump fails too.

Dropped everything in this weekend, and what do you know? Everything worked! Fired the car up, let it idle for about 20 minutes, left it sitting overnight, and took it out the following morning. Drove it around about 60 miles or so, and everything is working great.

I really appreciate you working with me on this issue...wish I could say the same for Racetronix. I now know better, and won't be making that same mistake twice.