LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thumbs Down for Speed Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs down Thumbs Down for Speed Inc.

I placed an order on August 30th for O2 extensions and ARP wheel studs and have yet to receive anything.

I called sometime in the beginning of September to see what the hold up was and they stated that the ARP wheel studs were on back-order 'til the end of the month. I said, "Fine. Send me the O2 extensions and send the wheel studs when they get in." After a week, still nothing. I called back again and they stated the O2 sensors were sent out the previous day and assured me that I will be receiving them shortly. Which I will find out later was a blatant lie.

At this point I started recording our conversations. I placed a call today and they stated that now the O2 extensions were on back-order as well and the ARP studs that were supposed to come in at the end of September were still not in. I asked to cancel the order and said I should be receiving my refund within 3-5 days.

I am in the process of putting together a head/cam package and have been delayed for over a month now. My friend is doing the labor and was planning on taking it to Speed Inc for the tune. They have lost a future potential customer as I'll be taking my business to Straightline Performance for all my tuning needs.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I placed an order on August 30th for O2 extensions and ARP wheel studs and have yet to receive anything.

I called sometime in the beginning of September to see what the hold up was and they stated that the ARP wheel studs were on back-order 'til the end of the month. I said, "Fine. Send me the O2 extensions and send the wheel studs when they get in." After a week, still nothing. I called back again and they stated the O2 sensors were sent out the previous day and assured me that I will be receiving them shortly. Which I will find out later was a blatant lie.

At this point I started recording our conversations. I placed a call today and they stated that now the O2 extensions were on back-order as well and the ARP studs that were supposed to come in at the end of September were still not in. I asked to cancel the order and said I should be receiving my refund within 3-5 days.

I am in the process of putting together a head/cam package and have been delayed for over a month now. My friend is doing the labor and was planning on taking it to Speed Inc for the tune. They have lost a future potential customer as I'll be taking my business to Straightline Performance for all my tuning needs.
James,

The ARP wheel studs are on backorder, we have no control in making those parts available. However, the extensions shipped out the day following your conversation with one of our sales reps. I confirmed that they went USPS first class mail. With no tracking on the package we cannot verify what happened to the shipment but given the lengthy period in transit they have most likely been lost. The extensions are not on backorder, we are just currently out of stock of the 24" extensions and should have some more in this week. Our sales rep yesterday offered to send out another package with (4) 12" extensions which you could have plugged together, you would have received them today. The order was canceled and I processed your refund this morning. We would like the opportunity to tune your vehicle but if you feel the need to take your business elsewhere over this order that is what you choose. I apologize on for the inconvenience it has caused you.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony@ Speed Inc
James,

The ARP wheel studs are on backorder, we have no control in making those parts available. However, the extensions shipped out the day following your conversation with one of our sales reps. I confirmed that they went USPS first class mail. With no tracking on the package we cannot verify what happened to the shipment but given the lengthy period in transit they have most likely been lost. The extensions are not on backorder, we are just currently out of stock of the 24" extensions and should have some more in this week. Our sales rep yesterday offered to send out another package with (4) 12" extensions which you could have plugged together, you would have received them today. The order was canceled and I processed your refund this morning. We would like the opportunity to tune your vehicle but if you feel the need to take your business elsewhere over this order that is what you choose. I apologize on for the inconvenience it has caused you.
My issue was not with the ARP studs as they weren't needed with urgency, although it was another inconvenience that I experienced. My issue was more with the O2 sensors which I needed.

When I called yesterday, 38 days have gone by and at that point anything short of a confirmed tracking number for my order would have yielded a cancellation. The person I spoke with did mention he could send me 4 12" extensions right away but my experience with shipping my initial 2 24" extensions has been horrible and costed me 38 days; Why would I expect it to be any different all of sudden?

Please put yourself in my shoes. I understand you are trying to uphold the reputation of Speed Inc but you should understand my decision to cancel my order and not take your word that I would have received a substituted order today. Again, I have no reason to believe it based on my experience so far.

I also don't buy the allegation that my order was initially sent out 3 weeks ago and that it was somehow lost in the mail in which no tracking number was created. No tracking number? How convenient for you to make that allegation with no proof.

I placed an order with WS6store the other day and along with an email confirming a tracking number I also saved 13 bucks on my order.

You stated in this thread that you processed the cancellation today (October 8th, 2011). As per our conversation, you also stated that it would take 3-5 business days for it to appear on my credit card statement. I expect a refund by the end of the week. (Scrolling down this sub-forum I happened to notice another complaint with Speed Inc involving problems with a refund.) Again, I expect a refund by the end of the week.

Quick Reply: Thumbs Down for Speed Inc.