LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Ace Racing Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Racing Transmissions

I went through 2 local builders who both told me they had "20 years experience" building transmissions.Well,needless to say,i wasted over $1000 on 2 rebuilds trying to get my transmission to shift properly.thats when i found out how finniky the 4l60e really is.any builder can tear one down and put it back together.but that is far from what it takes to keep a 4l60e on the road with high horsepower.
Gilbert at Ace Racing Transmissions was great to work with.not only did he rebuild my transmission,but he also took the time to show me what went wrong and why.the last 2 builders left the broken over run piston in my tranny.Gilbert actually has a patent pending on the billett over run piston that is in my tranny right now.great stuff.
Long story short,i was very impressed at the initial performance of the tranny.i say initial because i was assuming once i got it back together,the shifts would have to be adjusted to my liking.no so.Gilbert set the shifts up perfectly. i was worried about the shifts feeling too soft because of the bigger stall i was running.Gilbert took that into consideration when building this unit.i would say he spendsmoretime with his clients than most builders do.Which results in a better understanding of the machine.
IF ANYONE IS ON THE FENCE ABOUT A REBUILD OR RESEARCHING TRANSMISSION BUILDERS TO FIND THE BEST ONE,LOOK NO FURTHER.

ACE RACING WILL NOT DISSAPOINT.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Leeroy! I'm very glad I was able to meet your expectations. It's always nice to do good things for good folks!

Stay in touch dude!

g
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump just for the heck of it!!!

Quick Reply: Ace Racing Transmissions