LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Problem with LME (Fixed Now)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Problem with LME (Fixed Now)

Anyone receive poor customer service and turn around time from Late Model Engines? I have been given the run around with my engine there... Full story coming after I get off work..... I dropped the engine off 15 March 2012.

Last edited by SUPERMAN_00TA; 05-06-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok guys here is the scoop..... I dropped off my engine at Late Model Engines on 15 March 2012. I took them EVERYTHING except an oil pan gasket. They have my 6.0 block, Eagle 4.0 crank, eagle rods, wiseco pistons, comp blower cam, timing set, all the bearings needed.... basically everything for a complete shortblock. I only went there to get my new crank balanced with the new pistons and rods.... The block had already been bored.... It did need an align bore of the main caps and I also was getting new cam bearings put in..... The guy Brian led me to believe it would be about 3 weeks...... I waited the 3 weeks until I started calling. When I called he told me that they were "working on it" and to call back at the end of Next week and He would have a better time frame for me.(5 Apr 12) Then I called back like he said on 13 Apr he said yea we got you block all done and it was in the assembly room waiting to be cleaned and assembled... He said call back next week he will have a date for pick up for me. I call back Tuesday(17th Apr) he tells me to call back Friday(20 Apr) . I call back Friday and he wasnt even there...... I got someone else who tells me that he is not sure which engine is mine and I should call back Monday when brian is there and get a date from him. I call him back and he is all like he is sorry they are so behind and all like that but I dont want to hear that. Especially when you tell me 3 weeks. So he tells me he will call me Wed and update me on the progress and that he will try to get me done by friday.... Wed comes (25apr) I hear nothing by 3pm so I call him and he says yea we working it and that they still trying to get it out by friday. Here is is friday... I hear nothing so I call at 3pm... i get no answer.... I leave a message... Their ours are 9 to 6pm... I get no call back..... Not once has he called me to update me on whats going on with my motor..... Not to mention I droped $1k down on this build.... Am I wrong????? Oh btw I will be showing up there on Monday (Apr 30).
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Right now it is taking 2-3 months for us shops to get engines from the good builders.

So, your timeline is about right,expecially for supplying all the parts.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Right now it is taking 2-3 months for us shops to get engines from the good builders.

So, your timeline is about right,expecially for supplying all the parts.

Thanks for your input. I know the good builders may take a little longer. ERL was about 3 to 4 months...... But I believe that LME should have been straight up with me and not tell me 3 weeks and BS me for 2 months.... Thats just bad business. No respect for me as a customer....
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I apologize for the delay. As well as the lack of communication. LME has been making many changes in our shop to better serve our customers long into the future. During this expansion a couple of projects have fallen behind. And your was one of these. We are working to finalize your build as I type. We look forward to seeing the results of your build.

Again. I apologize for the lack of communication.

Sincerely,

Bryan Neelen
LME
713-849-4505
Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile Apology accepted

Originally Posted by Bryan@LME
I apologize for the delay. As well as the lack of communication. LME has been making many changes in our shop to better serve our customers long into the future. During this expansion a couple of projects have fallen behind. And your was one of these. We are working to finalize your build as I type. We look forward to seeing the results of your build.

Again. I apologize for the lack of communication.

Sincerely,

Bryan Neelen
LME
713-849-4505

I really appreciate you coming in and posting. That shows that your business can accept criticism and address it accordingly..... I respect that. Also I wanna Thank you for making it right as well. That shows the character of your business. I look forward to bringing the car by there so you can see it soon.

Quick Reply: Problem with LME (Fixed Now)