LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FLP Headers and Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004 | 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default FLP Headers and Customer Service

Well I've had my FLP headers for about a year and a half maybe more. I have only had the removable pipes off 2 maybe 3 times since I've had them. The car only had about 2k miles put on it since I had the exhaust installed. 2 of the claps are separating at the top where the bolt slides in and on a third one all 3 of the pieces inside the band fell. These clamps were installed right they are facing up and down to give the bolt the most clearance. None of them have hit the floorboard and only one has a small mark on it from hitting the road, by the way this clamp is still fine.

I called FLP to see if there was anything they could do for me. They claimed they won't warrant a clap. They also claimed they don't make them so it's not their fault. What kind of response is that?

I was not looking for a handout or to have them replaced them for nothing and I made this clear to Nick who I spoke with. I asked him if I could speak with someone else, he said it won't do you any good they won't warrant a clamp. I was more just hoping to get a small discount on the replacements I have to get. I mean I spent 1300 dollars on a system, weather they make the clamps or not does not concern me. They sold me their system that included these crappy clamps. They should stand behind them somewhat.

It's just funny they are going to lose any return business they may have received from me in the future, I won't recommend them to any one and I am making everyone know of the bad CS at FLP. All that for what would probably have cost them 30 bucks for the clamps. I would have been happy getting a few bucks off them. But come on 100 bucks to replace 4 clamps that can only be removed 2 or 3 times before they fail. Seems like a rip off to me.

Sorry for venting but it just sad that a company has that bad of CS.

Rob
Old 04-02-2004 | 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Go to a Ford dealer parts counter. Ford uses those clamps on their diesel PU Trucks. I understand they can be purchased cheaper there.
Old 04-02-2004 | 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info I'll check them out. Unfortunatly I already placed my order with FLP. That amazing that a Dealer would be cheaper. If that the true FLP prices are really a rip off. Cuz everyone knows how much the dealers rip you off.
Old 04-02-2004 | 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Man sorry they treated you like that. Sucks that a company as popular as them would have such shitty customer service and they charged you $100 for 4 clamps **** they better be solid Gold or something!!!!
Old 04-02-2004 | 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I thought. 100 bucks is way to much for 4 clamps.
Old 04-02-2004 | 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEATHL_WS6
Thats what I thought. 100 bucks is way to much for 4 clamps.
i had the same problem... i ended up buying the 4 clamps from FLP for 106.00 shipped to my door. when i heard they where 106 bucks i felt sick to my stomach
Old 04-02-2004 | 01:52 PM
Restricted User

Those clamps are expensive no matter where you get them. If you are having a problem with the ends opening up when you crank them down, bend them back in a vice and have a small band of metal tack welded to preventthem from prying open. It worked great for me..
Old 04-07-2004 | 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001 Pewter WS6
Those clamps are expensive no matter where you get them. If you are having a problem with the ends opening up when you crank them down, bend them back in a vice and have a small band of metal tack welded to preventthem from prying open. It worked great for me..
Thanks for the info I'll try that.

Point still is for 1300 I shouldn't have to fix their crap.

Rob
Old 04-07-2004 | 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did just get the new clamps today. The new ones I got were twice the size of the first ones I got. I guess they have discovered the original clamps were crap and finally went with some better stronger ones. This just proved my point the sent me crap to begin with. Oh well maybe now I won't have any more problems.

Rob
Old 04-07-2004 | 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are called V-band clamps. You can get them from places on the web.
Old 04-09-2004 | 12:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

I think the clamps are expensive and that FLP has to pass through the cost, this has come up before. I don't think those guys would try to make money on replacement clamps.

Quick Reply: FLP Headers and Customer Service