LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

BP Automotive

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BP Automotive

I have been working with Bill Hillock of BP Automotive for a few years now to get an LS harness made for my L33 swap into a gen I 4runner. Orginally the kit looked good for 600 dollars plus my harness, decent fuses, etc. Service was slow, turn around was about 3 months. I then moved, got settled in a new shop, and started back on the project. I wasn't happy with the fitment, adjusted the lengths of wires as I wanted them and said I'd pay his 50 an hour in bench labor rate to have them adjusted. After calling and emailing weekly for 4 months, he finally answered after screening all of his calls and said sorry he's swamped it should only be an hour of work or I can give you a Camaro harness as thats about the same length because someone else used it on deposit and backed out. Said he was fine doing it for me saying in the forums how resilient his setup was, etc. (which it is) I said fine. Another month passes by, I start messaging him by personal email, business email, eBay messaging, and Facebook with no response. After a threat to post about his business practices online after a month of emailing weekly I received my harness back in the mail with ends missing, no work done.

If anyone would like his emails as proof, phone records, or all of the emails he refused to respond to (which by the way if you call his number he states he only responds via email) I would be happy to provide them.

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS. He promises a lot and delivers nothing. I'm out about a years worth of time and about 600 dollars.

Name: Bill Hillock
BP Automotive
Storefront: http://shop.bp-automotive.com
eBay: http://stores.ebay.com/BP-Automotive-and-Wiring
Old 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

I hope this was just a fluke. I just ordered my 24x conversion harness from him yesterday. Said it would take 6-8 weeks. I hope this is true. Car is down til I get the harness
Old 11-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Damn, I know he is a busy guy, I have used a few of his harnesses, there is a lead time on them as he builds them to order, not just a generic one fits all kind of thing. Never had any real issues with him. Hopefully he just made a mistake on your harness. I know I would use him again.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We use them a lot. Always get our products in the required time. He says 6 week's out, I expect 6-8weeks and it comes in time.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Initially I had no issues, first time harness went out it took longer than advertised, then I wanted to pay for some additional changes and have him fix a minor mistake so sent it back, then months went by and he refused to answer or return any of my calls (left a message once a week) emails (also sent once a week to his business and personal email) and eventually facebook messages once a week (which he then blocked me on) while he still had my harness.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's make something very clear. HE destroyed his own harness. He re routed it and indexed the connectors wrong.

So I felt sorry for the guy and offered to build him a new harness as a sponsorship. I told him he would have to wait the lead time. I offered to build the harness for him AT cost. Once again he would just have to wait the lead time. Which HE agreed to. A fair agreement for anyone. Lead time at that time as several weeks.

After one week. He started calling and emailing REPEADELY every day. He agreed to wait the lead time and then chose not to by harassing me. So I sent his harness back, EXACTLY how I received it.

So he wants everyone to believe that I reswired a harness for him, sent it back, he was happy just like thousands of other customers. Then after HE modified the harness that was already functional because he didn't like the vortec routings.

Then he wants you guys to believe that I then cut connectors off and sent it back ruined. Because that would be something I would do. I have hundreds of good reviews, thousands on eBay which is the harshest selling environment, and yet for some reason I chose to ruin his harness for fun. How about no.

It boils down to him saying that if I didn't send him a new harness he would leave bad reviews all over the Internet. Well so be it, business is better than ever, and even more great reviews since this post.

No good deed goes unpunished right? The Internet brings out all sorts of people.

We sell to companies that demand the highest quality and integrity, for example Brian Tooley Racing, and Nutter Racing Engines. Just to name two.

They like to buy from because I cut connectors off and scam people right? I think not. Next time let a professional handle what you need and don't try to save money by destroying what a professional already done. Then try to scam said professional and leave bad reviews.

Karma is real, enjoy.

Quick Reply: BP Automotive