LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Mike Norris Rules!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Mike Norris Rules!!

After I added a ported TB, 28.8 injectors, LS6 intake, MAC ported headers and ORY, including a Yank SS3600 TC and B&M Supercooler, I decided to have Norris Motorsports tune my car. I drive in and the 1st pull was a very sad 317 RWHP/343 RWTQ.

1 1/2 hours later, I drove out with a dyno sheet reading 359 RWHP/363 RWTQ. Nice experience ... anyone think my numbers are about right for a cam only car?

Last edited by JEB99TA; 01-07-2005 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Too ecstatic of a title.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice!!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that's a pretty small cam through a stalled auto so it looks good!

Edit: How much did the tuning set you back?
Old 01-08-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Dan!!!

98Z28M6, Mike did the tuning for $395.00 because I had already had some level of tuning. Realistically, I know that he cut me a break because my last tune at another place yielded some really poor results. The tuner didn't have a very good setup to work with at that time. From what I gathered, he normally charges around $450.00.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:55 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JEB, the reason your last tune yeilded poor results was the hack job/ crimped pipe exhaust that was on the car causing a huge restriction along with restrictive shorty headers....not the tuner or his setup. In all fairness you should make it clear that the mods recently added to the car were not on the car at the time of your previous tune.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mike, those numbers are great for such a small cam.

I just think it would be fair to the other tuner to post all the facts.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Is that locked or unlocked? My old LS6 cam/intake setup with MAC's and a 3200 converter dyno'd 348 rwhp/ 376 tq unlocked for comparison.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Richie ... NOT YOUR ******* ISSUE ... let the 'other guy' speak for himself. If you want to discuss, I'm sure we can talk about it when we meet again. 'T' is a grown adult. Besides, if you'd use the ******' search tool before make you'd see the positive things I have said about him in other posts.

I spoke with Gary yesterday, he was there back in June when I dyno'd. I said nothing derrogatory and I told him and Mike both that 'T' really didn't have anything to work with on that setup.

The issues I had THEN were related to 'T' 's consumption of my weekends and certain other factors I won't mention here. That issue was buried months ago. I never said that 'T' was a bad tuner. PM me if you want to discuss. I really would like for you to understand the issue because it has very little to do with that shitty setup I had.

For anyone who reads this: 'T' is obviously not a bad tuner. I don't know **** about tuning and could not speak to that issue even if I wanted to. I brought him a really shitty setup to work with, which I have recently expressed to many people. It has NOTHING to do with the setup. I refuse to sling mud here and I'm about fed up with people making comments about things they have no ******' clue about. It's over.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

After I added a ported TB, 28.8 injectors, LS6 intake, MAC ported headers and ORY, including a Yank SS3600 TC and B&M Supercooler, I decided to have Norris Motorsports tune my car.
In all fairness you should make it clear that the mods recently added to the car were not on the car at the time of your previous tune.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mike, those numbers are great for such a small cam.

I just think it would be fair to the other tuner to post all the facts.

RICHIE ... what is not clear or fair about what I said???? You're the devil's advocate here and I ain't too damned happy about it.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
Is that locked or unlocked? My old LS6 cam/intake setup with MAC's and a 3200 converter dyno'd 348 rwhp/ 376 tq unlocked for comparison.
The converter was unlocked when the dyno pulls were made. I figure with the proclaimed efficiency of this particular converter it probably only cost me about 10/10 on my numbers. Anyone care to elaborate?
Old 01-09-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Richie ... you caught me at a bad time yesterday. I just couldn't believe this **** was brought up again. You did two things that pissed me off:

(1) Jumped in and tried to defend Tim when I have said nothing bad about him. The only thing I did was show Gary and Mike the dyno sheets that Tim gave me. But, of course you had no way of knowing about the dyno sheets when you wrote what you did. I did not badmouth Tim in any way. The setup I was speaking of was not the dyno/tuning equipment. I was talking about the setup I brought to Tim to work with. I even told Gary and Mike that he really didn't have much to work with, anyway.

(2) The setup I brought him had NO CRIMPS in it as you said above and the weld job wasn't a 'hack' job. It was done by a guy for $145.00 ... this guy is a dude over in Oviedo who is reputable in the Orlando area F-body world ... has a red SS Camaro and you probably know him from Bithlo and other events/locations. I have taken pictures of it this morning. If you or Tim want to see the pictures, I will send them to you ... just provide me an email address and I'll send them today. The one bend obviously was not a mandrel bend, however, it wasn't nearly as bad as you described above.

I wouldn't make this offer to anyone else, but, I know you're a good friend of Tim's, so, PM me and I'll tell you what the whole thing was all about and hopefully you will pass this on to Tim. I don't want to 'air-out dirty laundry' in front of the whole world to see. You or Tim never tried to understand my point-of-view to begin with.

You know, I'll see Tim in the next few weeks with my upcoming trips to Bithlo and other places. I'll speak with him and try to iron this all out. There are some things he doesn't understand, as well. I'll talk to him to straighten this whole mess out if he's interested in doing so.

Tim, I know you'll read this or catch wind of it. PM me and let's talk and be men about it ... put it behind us. This is all SO useless.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:19 PM

JEB, first off you should have posted your power numbers with the old setup (pre ported TB, LS6 Intakeand ported Macs with OR y pipe) not the numbers after you added a bunch of bolt ons that would affect the original tune that was in the car. I remember your rwhp was 33X before you added the above mentioned parts.

And as for the hacked exhaust...non mandrel bends will choke the car and shorty headers are known to cause a loss in peak torque.

I think I was more than polite in my reply above, and I am by no means a keyboard warrior I'll tell you the same thing to your face so any time you want to meet and discuss this let me know!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Default Tonight, we'll meet and talk.

Right now is as good a time as any. Name the place and I want Tim to be with you, as well. Tim's the guy I need to close this with ... not you. Bring whoever you want with you. I can assure you I'll be by myself. I'm going to end this arguement with you and this bad feeling with Tim ... once and for all.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:08 PM

I responded you your PM.

Oh and don't worry I can hold my own!
Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 AM
TECH Addict

And I responded in kind. I bet you puke after a case of beer ... outdrink you anytime! Can you hold your liquor? Wanna' sit down and try me sometime?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LOL, ever see Richie? I think you could hit that guy upside the head with a 2x4 and he wouldn't blink
Old 01-11-2005, 09:53 AM

HAHA a case of beer that's all! Beer is like water to me.
I only have one kidney and I'll drink anyone under the table.

Mikey, thanks for the compliment!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Default Gee-Haaaawww Boy!!!!!!! Wooooooaaaa ...

Rich, you've got a challenge on your hands, now. I ain't seen nobody outdrink me yet, but, a lot of stone-cold hard alcoholics have damn sure tried. That was my point about beer ... it ain't nothin' BUT water.

We'll sit down one night with a gallon of white run or a jug of corn liquor, then, we'll wash it down with some good Maddog 20/20. Then, we'll watch the sun come up and start doin' some REAL drinkin'.

Whatcha' say man? You on?

Last edited by JEB99TA; 01-11-2005 at 07:32 PM. Reason: misspellings
Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

I`m sure Mike Norris will appreciate this thread, very helpful
Old 01-11-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Mike's a great guy ... can he hold is liquor pretty well? ... didn't even know he drank.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:13 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Mike's a great guy ... can he hold is liquor pretty well? ... didn't even know he drank.
No, what I meant was how this thread went from you praising Mike Norris` tunning into a who can drink the most issue. A good businessman(Mike Norris) would not talk about his drinking abilities on a public forum like this.

Quick Reply: Mike Norris Rules!!