LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Need to rant...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to rant...

This is not to bash the sponsor or give them negative feedback in any way, they have been helpful and curtious during this whole fiasco.
Been a while since I posted and wanted to get opinions on an issue. Last September I ordered some parts from one of our sponsors (who will remain unamed). When I get the boxes (2) I only open one to check it out and look at the packing list. Everything checks out. Since I am finishing up with school and taking boards, I decide to wait a little while before installing. A month goes by and I call up my buddy and we get ready to install. No kidding, the same day, my nephew dies. More time goes by... Beginning of January, call my buddy and set up a day that we can set aside. No kidding again, my mom is diagnosed with cancer. Shitty luck, I know. Get things settled, mom has surgery, everything ok, for now.
Last month my buddy and I finally get a day off together, we start working pull everything apart, start installing and then oh ****, we have got the wrong friggen parts. I call up the sponser and they seem like they are ready to bend over backwards to help me out. I am told that they will tell UPS to pick up the package from me and then once it is picked up they will send out the parts that I ordered. I even place an order for a new intake and a couple of other things. My car is in pieces and since I was told I would have the parts in a week, my friend and I decide to leave the car were it is at and wait for the parts.
Three days go by and no UPS. I call the sponsor and they say they will put out another order to UPS, I say no problem. The weekend goes by, Monday, Tuesday and still no UPS. I call the sponsor again and let them know that I still have the box. They issue another order to UPS. Weekend goes by and on Monday I get a call from a person that lives at my old address, seems UPS has been looking for me there (Yes, I did give my new address). So I find the UPS man at the local UPS store and give hime the box and he gives me the new parts I ordered, but not what I needed to get the car back together. So I call the sponsor and let them know that I have the new order but not what I need and that UPS has the wrong parts on the way back to them. They tell me that the parts that I need will go out to UPS that same day (Friday) and I should get it by Tuesday.
Tuesday, Wendesday go. I call the sponsor on Friday and say I have no parts what is going on. They say let us investigate and we will call you back in hal an hour (8:00 my time). At 10:30 I call and they are closed for lunch. I call back and get a hold of a sales person. They investigate and tell me that the parts shipped yesterday, but UPS is holding them at the depot.
First question: If the parts were ready, why did they not ship out the same day the exchange was picked up from me.
Second: Since the sponsor and UPS are having issues with communication and service...WHY DO I HAVE TO GET IT IN THE ***?????

Sorry this is so long, but if anyone has any comments, questions or advise let me now. My car has been sitting in my buddy's driveway for a month. My buddy lives 3 hours away, so getting together is not that easy. This is my only car, I ahve been bumming rides to work and riding the bus to work for a month now.

Lastly, this is not to bash the sponsor or give them negative feedback in any way, they have been helpful and curtious during this whole fiasco.

Thanks for reading,
Anthony
Old 05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had some problems with trying to get UPS to pick up shipments from individuals on a request put in by a company. I ended up just going to a UPS store and shipping it myself, pay for the shipping myself to save a lot more hassle and lost time. I prefer when companies use their UPS accounts to generate prepaid labels to email to you to print out and put on your package so you can send it out right away yourself, but for some reason some companies don't do that.

Your replacement order of parts probably didn't ship out the same day that your shipment went out because the company waited to receive your return, to make sure they actually got everything back before sending more stuff. That's pretty common practice.

Them sending the guy to the wrong address had to come from the company using an old record by mistake somehow and having failed to update everything with the new address you gave them, and then they gave the old address to UPS. (UPS wouldn't have had a record of your address to get mixed up.)
Old 05-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear what you say, that's why I am not totally pissed and bashing the seller. I know there are issues when different companies are involved.

Thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Need to rant...