LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Lme

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lme

Ordering a shortblock soon and just wondering if you guys have had a good or bad experience with them as I have not dealt with them...yet. They seem to know their stuff very well...comments on Service AFTER recieving the part, craftsmanship, and overall experience (any broken promises, late shipping, wrong parts, something forgotten, or half orders)

Byron Taylor

I did a search with 2 results that really didn't reveal a whole lot. Also, if this not the correct forum let me know.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Iam about to pick up my motor today from the freight company so i dont know the craftmanship of it, but otherwise talk to bryan he knows whats hes talking about and he'll answere any questions that you had. Therefore my experience with them is good, just keep in mind that they are busy and motor do take few weeks before you get it, so dont think that you can get really quick. I recommend going with them they are really easy to deal with..
Old 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I have talked to Brian a few times....I'd say 2-3 times...and he does know what he's talking about. How long did it take to get your motor and what did you order, if you don't mind me asking. Also could post up when you get the motor and let me know how it all looked. Are you going to recheck the clearances and stuff or just put it in?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by byrontaylor
Yea I have talked to Brian a few times....I'd say 2-3 times...and he does know what he's talking about. How long did it take to get your motor and what did you order, if you don't mind me asking. Also could post up when you get the motor and let me know how it all looked. Are you going to recheck the clearances and stuff or just put it in?

it looks great like it should.... the only thing that I'm doing is putting on the usuall, oil pan, the front and rear covers and slapping it on.. I dont think that a company like them would mess up on the clearances, well at least i hope not.. it took me around 6 weeks to get the motor, not bad to what others have gone through with other companies.. by the way I order a 408ci, with callies 4.0" crank, wiseco pistons with hell fire piston rings, manley rods, afr 225's at 67cc, and jessel rockers. From what bryan told me its at 11:1 ratio.. It should make good power when I"m done b/c I have 1-7/8 headers, 90/90 set up, 42lb injectors.. well I will be finishing it up till the weekend cuse I work and I only have time to work on it after work, besides the clutch that I have (mcleod twin disc) is a bitch to put on but that clutch feels great so that wont be till last... The only thing that I'm basically worried about is getting tracktion, i dont have much suspension just lower control arms, relocation brackets, spohn torque arm and 12bolt.. well I'll post up the results next weekend after it gets tuned...
Old 06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea do so please...you giving me a stiffy just thinking about the day I get my motor (whichever company I go with.)
Old 06-30-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by byrontaylor
yea do so please...you giving me a stiffy just thinking about the day I get my motor (whichever company I go with.)

If i were your I would not even be thinking of who to go with and go with LME. I was like you before and I decided to go with AP ENGI.. and I got fucked.. dont do the same mistake and do the right thing the first time. My friend has problems with another sponsor and now is going to get a motor from LME...
Old 06-30-2005, 12:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered in dec and recieved it as promised in jan. Took about a month total but alot of that was me finding The heads i wanted. The service after the sale was as good or better than before. I can call and talk to Brian or Pecos antime and they spend as much time with me now as before. Believe me when i say if i wasnt happy I would say so. It piised me off when i got screwed my Janzer and TCS and all the others that had trouble kept there mouths shut.
I got the LME pro. Lunati crank and pro billet rods. Jessels They installed all of my covers ATI pulley threw in sensors to keep dirt out All kinds of extra's they didnt have to just to insure it was all good to go when i got it. I highly recomend LME
Old 07-02-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the input...it has helped a bunch but I will be waiting to get a 408 and do it right...so it'll be about another 3-4 weeks.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:42 PM

You can't find a better quality shortblock around like "LME". They build the best in the business!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went ahead and went with HPE for various other reasons. Thanks for the input though guys. LME does some great reviews/comments on here as does HPE. Thanks alot guys.

Quick Reply: Lme